Cheap flights to thailand advice needed

Hi,

I am looking to visit Thailand in mid July for a couple of months.Anyone reccomend any websites i should visit for best prices on flights.

Cheers

I went last month, booked with http://www.ebooker.com

flew with Qatar airline, very good service but you do change in Doha,,,,, best direct for the money is EVA Air from heathrow on a 747.

This could get interesting.

Doubt you will find cheaper than AirAsia to Kuala Lumpar then a flight from there to Thailand. A connecting flight with AirAsia will cost next to nothing. That said im sure other deals are knocking about as i paid under 350 return with Emirates last year from Newcastle.

Sign up to airline networks and set yourself up for their weekly email alerts of best offers to Asia. THen you will get an email telling you who is offering the best flights. If you monitor it for a couple of weeks you will notice the prices fluctuate quite a bit. My inlaws live in Thailand and this is what we do every time.

Gulf air do lots regular offers.

James

Hi,

I am looking to visit Thailand in mid July for a couple of months.Anyone reccomend any websites i should visit for best prices on flights.

Cheers

The best bet is to trawl through all the sites offering cheap flights to Bangkok

and go from there.Don`t bother with airlines direct as they are always much more then agents but check them out just to see how much the difference is.The cheapest Airline at the moment is Jet Airways and if you book now you should be able to get on the 10.05 heathrow to mumbai with hour and half turn round.Best vakue for money now.You should pay between £450 - £540.

Good Luck

I wouldn't bother with budget airlines like Jet on long-haul routes. Air Asia used to offer incredible deals to nearby KL but they had to be really cheap to justify the horrible 14 hour flight (it should be 11.5 in a better plane) but the route has now been axed. Budget airlines just don't suit long-haul flights, they're realising this now and starting to concentrate on shorter haul ones.

#2s reply is accurate. Usually you'll take a stopover from a Middle Eastern airline, best direct is Eva. Forget Thai. As to what airline is best, it varies but there's usually no more than thirty quid in it. It can be Emirates, Etihad, or Qatar who all fly from Manchester. Apart from price, stop over airport also comes into the calculation. Duty free shopping is best at Dubai, next best is Abu Dhabi. Kuwait used to be so inexpensive, it was enough to justify going down to London (they only fly from Heathrow), only they put their prices up a couple of years ago. But Kuwait airport is truly awful and their stopovers are far too long (6 hrs there, 8hrs back). Stop over time also comes in to the equation. 2 or 3 hours is about right and in fact can be a welcome break. 11.5 hours is a long time to spend in an aircraft and some people prefer to take a break half way through. Any more than that and the time will drag.

remember if a stop over is over 4 hours, you are entitled to a free meal in the airport at the airline's expense, they will issue you with a voucher if you ask.