Is there a "get rid of your coins" machine in city centre?

I dont think they take that much, I did it at Sainsbury's and it charged about £3 (which I think was donated to charity).

Better than spending a couple of hours counting grimy coppers and lugging them to the bank.

the coinstar machines charge a minimum of 7% for counting your cash. and they give you a voucher for the rest of the money to spend in the store.

Morrisons in Hillsborough has a machine as well. They issue you with a credit note you can spent in the shop. Good way to cut down on food budget, I'd say. I am not sure if they charge you anything though.

Oh, yes, there's a charge! SB, they are a bit of a rip-off as I said above, it's a minimum of 7%

Theres 1 At The Hamsworth ASDA

That one at ASDA Handsworth is also a coinstar machine, as per the one at Sainsbury's Crystal Peaks, and again, it costs.

HSBC Fargate, and HSBC Meadowhall have them as mentioned above and 100% of the money paid in goes into your bank account.