Shamblers Walk, Hodsock Priory - Sunday 7th February 2010

Just wanted to say thanks for letting me join in on Sunday was lots of fun (although slightly muddier than anticipated) Seems I have already been given a name so I have adopted it and now go by Babyarmarni! Thanks again and hopefully I will join in again soon x

It was lovely to meet you Babyarmani. Look forward to seeing you on lots more walks & socials:thumbsup:

Great photos Hemlock :thumbsup:

My chuckle muscles are still hurting, I laughed so much. Hemlock is right todays walk was by far the muddiest we have been on. I felt like I had concrete shoes on, they were so heavy. If going through 1 muddy field wasn't bad enough we had to go through a second one :suspect:

I must apologise to Hemlock for gently moving her out of the way when I thought the horses were going to run at us ;).

It was so nice to meet the newbies, hope you enjoyed your short visit to Sheffield.

Hemlock there was no gently moving out of the way Billysmum was more like a raging bull she was running for her life away from the horses which were incidentally held back by an electric fence!! Poor Hemlock had a close encounter of the electric kind!! :D:help::help:

Whatever will our American visitors make of today I wonder. I mean, your first ever visit to Sheffield, probably England, and you're hoisted off to the middle of nowhere to partake in a bit of mud wrestling! And they thought they were in for a cultural visit :suspect:.

Welcome to a bit of real England guys, and to some real people who I'm sure have made you laugh your heads off today with their antics.

Hope I played a small part in the fun of the day too, for once getting everyone slightly lost :o, and as usual getting a bollocking from a local over some trivial matter. Can I say bollocking in here?

Anyways, with a lovely trip round Hodsock at the end of the walk, it was a grand day, all-in-all, and one "enjoyed" by the following super crowd of people :- Hemlock, Mr Hemlock, Armani Girl, Baby Armani, Tiddlywink, Thomps1, Newby40's, Baltimoron (+2), Zippydedoodah, Tinycat, StarryJB, Susiepoosie, Village Owl, Devon Wench, Mr Wench, Impinabox, Jayemm, Mrs DJ, Scoobz, Billysmum. That makes 22 Hemlock!

Boy will I sleep tonight!

Does anyone know how many walkers there were?

22! (It was Scoobz who couldn't count & then tried to pin the blame on me cos he can't admit when he's wrong! Men!:hihi:)

just incase anyone missed it - I reckon a few more signs may help members of the public find the place.

My highlights were of course hemlocks socks hung out to dry, Raging bull AKA Billy'smum, the spa like mud which made my thighs work better than lunges and next to top of the list is the man who thought he could single handed take on the shamblers with arms out stretched STOP THIS IS A PRIVATE ROAD!! and last but certainly no stranger to trouble is scoobz getting told off for cleaning his boots on the lawn attached to the pond-oh dear!! but laugh I did its what memories are made of

Billysmum have you considered taking up the 100 metres I reckon you could do hurdles as well you cleared that style faster than the speed of light- Linford Christie hold on to your lunch box!!!Theres a new chick in town. hahahahahaha xx

22! (It was Scoobz who couldn't count & then tried to pin the blame on me cos he can't admit when he's wrong! Men!:hihi:)

Oh thanks Hemlock I knew you'd be able to sort it out. Hope your bruise clears up- you poor thing- haha

oh I forgot to mention the huge thorn that had pierced my boots prior to piercing my FOOT!!! OOUCHHH! 3xtimes no less.

nice to see thomps1 again I hope you keep managing to come along.

He he! I think you summed up the highlights very well there newbys40 :D

Oooh I've just about got the use of my legs back after wearing those concrete boots.... roll on next sunday as it was a right laugh x

Wanted

Numerate person (would help if you could spell too) to take register weekly. Main task is to be able to count. And count again. And count again. Must especially be able to count people who cannot stand still. Must also be able to remmber in excess of 80 people's names, or failing that to make them up - Old Woman for instance.

No previous experience neccesary. Good sense of humour needed due to the stressful charachteristics of the clientele to be counted. Pen and paper provided. Current position holder working notice, so new appointee to commence immediately.

Rewards - None. Applications to Hemlock, Head of HR, Counting Section. :)

Edited by scoobz
add smiley