Crucible Corner

Well I popped in a week or so ago. A pretty good pint of Tetley's, served in a lovely glass with the huntsman logo on. It almost took my mind off the price - about £3.20 I think!

Basically, it's no different to how it was when it was Ruskin's - which means soulless, wrong colour decor, too bright, too expensive and the huge ramp in the middle of it makes it an architectural catastrophe.

Despite all that I will still call in occasionally and hope they can get it right in the end.

Guest makapaka
Well I popped in a week or so ago. A pretty good pint of Tetley's, served in a lovely glass with the huntsman logo on. It almost took my mind off the price - about £3.20 I think!

Basically, it's no different to how it was when it was Ruskin's - which means soulless, wrong colour decor, too bright, too expensive and the huge ramp in the middle of it makes it an architectural catastrophe.

Despite all that I will still call in occasionally and hope they can get it right in the end.

Its not being open long enough to develop much of a soul, its different to a lot of other places in terms of decor / brightness so if its not your thing its not your thing. I like it for a change. Can't argue in terms of price but again, there's other places that charge similarily.

End of the day - each to their own but I don't think your overall review is fair for a well kept, clean, individual bar in nice surroundings.

Ive been a few times and always enjoyed it, usually for a drink, but the food thats goes out always looks nice. Noticed the last time i went they were doing slates with a selection of differant meats and other stuff, they looked well nice. I may have to invest in one next time i am in there. Oh by the way, the staff are a good laugh, especially the guy that runs it. A funny man indeed.

Just been in - wanted a carlsberg with a top, got charged 3.20 for the pint, and another 50p for the shot of lemonade. Complete rip-off. Will not be going back.

Carlsberg with a lemonade top!!! You big southern softie. Drink it neat like us Northern folk.:D

Man, considering I started this thread and still haven't been in, it's really not enticing me so far :(

But (even without the lemonade) that's rip off for a carlsberg I had a pint of much nice lager in Soho last weekend for less than that. I really don't see how they can justify that price.

Guest makapaka

Went in there last night, nothing wrong with the place.

Clean, friendly, nice location.

If you're bothered about paying £3+ a pint then town probably isn't the place to go as I can think of dozens of other places that charge similar prices.

Edited by makapaka

Eaten in there twice in last couple of weeks. Cheese board and a sample platter which was lovely but way too much mustard as a garnish. I like it though.

went to Ruskins when it was open- barman was so rude we left!! Went to C.Corner the other day for drinks- rubbish- G and T was nearly a fiver, and we were informed that we'd have to drink quickly if we wanted to sit down as, 'in half an hour, it'll be rammed with diners'. it wasnt needless to say. it was too bright, chilly and souless. i wish this place was more homely, with decor and atmosphere more like bungalows and bears or the old house.

What do you expect for the town centre, if you want cheap drinks go to wetherspoons or a working mens club.

Ok its not a bar on division street, its not full of young trendy people, like i said thats division street. What it is, its a nice friendly bar / restaurant where nice friendly people can meet, chat etc and not have to listen to loud music and worry about drunken idiots spoiling a good night out.

The biggest plus for me is the San Miguel, Real Ale and good food.

Yes its not the cheapest place and it doesnt have a pool table or loud music, Just the things that keep the idiots away.

I look forward to my next pint of ice cold San Miguel.