Looking for a church

Just wondering if anyone could help me find/choose a church to attend, It will be pretty much the first time i have been to church apart from a few funerals and weddings.

Im quite nervous about attending, and just wanted some advice on where would be best for me, a (C of E) Church in or around dore would be best if possible.

Thanks Sam.

What sort of service do you think would suit you? A more catholic or 'high church' service with incense and bells? Or 'happy clappy' where the priest calls themself a minister and wears regular clothes during the eucharist?

I would recommend Millhouses methodist church , Abbeydale rd , next to Robin Hood pub.

Being a methodist church the services vary on a weekly basis as not all services are with our own minister , therefore the church caters for all tastes . However, the Minister is very good and is there twice monthly.The all age service on the last Sunday in the month is usually a lively service , starts at 10.30.

Very lovely friendly people!

I tried lots of churches in this area when I moved up here, but stuck with this one. I too have not been attending church for very long.

thankyou for the help, im 20 years old, but i dont mind what age group i mix with,

Im sure i will find the right place with all your suggestions, and its given me a little more confidence to attend a church this sunday,

i did not realise that there are so many places to attend,

Thanks again to all of you for the input

All the best

Sam

I would recommend Millhouses methodist church , Abbeydale rd , next to Robin Hood pub.

Being a methodist church the services vary on a weekly basis as not all services are with our own minister , therefore the church caters for all tastes . However, the Minister is very good and is there twice monthly.The all age service on the last Sunday in the month is usually a lively service , starts at 10.30.

Very lovely friendly people!

I tried lots of churches in this area when I moved up here, but stuck with this one. I too have not been attending church for very long.

I've met a few of the ladies who attend Millhouses Methodist Church, gingers, and found them to be lovely, lovely people!

• 3 weeks later...

im just over the border in rotherham i am new to the area i live in and was thinking of going this way to meet new ppl and get my daughter who is disabled involved as well as she is in house 24/7 and dosent know anyone or go out is this a good idea