149 years since the first game of football

listen to eastbank he knows what he,s talkin about. read his books.

listen to eastbank he knows what he,s talkin about. read his books.

Yes, he appears to, as long as there is someone like him around the truth will not be lost.

they were booted out of Abbeydale Club when they sold the football pitch for executive housing development. The Dronfield set up gives them security for the first time since they were formed.

They moved out of Abbeydale park because the league said the changing rooms were too far away from the pitch and the ground was not up to standard.

Since their formation Sheffield FC have never stayed in one place for a decent length of time playing all over Sheffield before settling in their new home in Derbyshire in 2001.

Triggar's broom had 17 handles and 14 heads but was it still his original broom? No.

During Sheffield's nomadic years, Hallam have continued to play at Sandygate and will continue to do so for the next 150 years. (by which time Sheffield will be playing in Milton Keynes or somewhere)

Are Sheffield F.C. planning to move to the works department ground at Olive Grove as in the the Sheffield Star November ?

Yep its nailed on. 10000 capacity stadium which leads you to think it will be a groundshare (with The Eagles?).

Watching non-league football in a new stadium defies the point in going to non-league football games in the first place. People enjoy going to these little old unique grounds. The new stadium will cost Sheffield FC a lot of money and rest assured tickets wont be at the price they're at now. Folk will be paying football league prices to watch non-league games. You might aswell go to Hillsborough or Bramall lane next door. By moving to the City Centre they will also lose their Dronfield fans.

What's the point in 'the oldest club in the world' playing at the newest ground in the world?

The only thing 150 years old at Sheffield FC is the name Sheffield FC.

By moving (again) is just adding one more handle to Trigga's broom.

Sandygate, Sheffield - The world's oldest football ground!

Watching non-league football in a new stadium defies the point in going to non-league football games in the first place. People enjoy going to these little old unique grounds. The new stadium will cost Sheffield FC a lot of money and rest assured tickets wont be at the price they're at now. Folk will be paying football league prices to watch non-league games. You might aswell go to Hillsborough or Bramall lane next door. By moving to the City Centre they will also lose their Dronfield fans.

What's the point in 'the oldest club in the world' playing at the newest ground in the world?

The only thing 150 years old at Sheffield FC is the name Sheffield FC.

By moving (again) is just adding one more handle to Trigga's broom.

Sandygate, Sheffield - The world's oldest football ground!

That post smells of sour grapes.

Are your toilets and fascilities at your ground 150 years old.

This city needs a decent ground for the oldest club in the world plus museum fascilities etc.

I agree, Sheffield FC needs to be playing in Sheffield and Sheffield needs some kind of football museam but I can't help but be concerned that the hole project is going to be a white elephant and a cost to not only Sheffield FC but the tax payer if the council get involved. People won't pay £20 to watch Unibond football, and as a museam it will not be able to compete with the National football museam - espicially after it is revamped and put into Manchester. SUFC and SWFC will not donated anything on show at their grounds either. Remember the national music museam in sheffield?

I agree, the facilities at Hallam FC aren't up to much scratch but that is because the club has no money, however (unlike most non-league clubs) it doesn't owe any money either therefore is financially safe. What is a discrage is that Sheffield City Council doesn't even acknowledge that within it boundries lies the worlds oldest football ground, I read the other day on some 'ground-hoppers' blog that if the ground was in America it would be sign-posted for miles around. If the council really were proud of 'Sheffield rich sporting past' they would help redevelop the ground (including the toilets!)

I agree, Sheffield FC needs to be playing in Sheffield and Sheffield needs some kind of football museam but I can't help but be concerned that the hole project is going to be a white elephant and a cost to not only Sheffield FC but the tax payer if the council get involved. People won't pay £20 to watch Unibond football, and as a museam it will not be able to compete with the National football museam - espicially after it is revamped and put into Manchester. SUFC and SWFC will not donated anything on show at their grounds either. Remember the national music museam in sheffield?

I agree, the facilities at Hallam FC aren't up to much scratch but that is because the club has no money, however (unlike most non-league clubs) it doesn't owe any money either therefore is financially safe. What is a discrage is that Sheffield City Council doesn't even acknowledge that within it boundries lies the worlds oldest football ground, I read the other day on some 'ground-hoppers' blog that if the ground was in America it would be sign-posted for miles around. If the council really were proud of 'Sheffield rich sporting past' they would help redevelop the ground (including the toilets!)

Just an idea, why not ground share with Sheffield FC and the council improve that ground? Two birds killed with one stone, Maybe also have a yearly match to mark the first Game ever played by them. I'm not knocking Hallam fc at all, as with Sheffield Fc I attend the odd game but you two clubs pulling in the opposite directions with practically the same history to celebrate sounds stupid to me.

You mean Hallam move out of Sandygate?

No never, I mean both teams at Sandygate.

Just an idea, why not ground share with Sheffield FC and the council improve that ground? Two birds killed with one stone, Maybe also have a yearly match to mark the first Game ever played by them. I'm not knocking Hallam fc at all, as with Sheffield Fc I attend the odd game but you two clubs pulling in the opposite directions with practically the same history to celebrate sounds stupid to me.

Alex and I are not renowned for agreeing with each other, but I think that he has nailed it with his last sentence.