New book re history of Ranmoor, Nether Green and Hangingwater

Thought the Forum local history buffs might be interested in a book that has just been published by my dad, Peter Warr. It should be hitting local bookshops over the next couple of weeks - also available on Amazon.

Called "The Growth Of Ranmoor, Hangingwater And Nether Green" it tracks the development of these areas of Sheffield.....and includes some fab early pictures of the area.

Dad is the Archive Co-ordinator for the Ranmoor Society - so knows his stuff!

Cheers, Carrie (who's having a proud daughter moment!!)

Looks like this could be a book for my Christmas wish list. My Mum and Great Grandfather came from those areas. x

Interesting! my grandparents lived in Nethergreen for many years in the 40s-50s and I know my ancestors on the Samuel side were builders who did work in that area in the early 1900s. My parents were married in Ranmoor "chapel" in 1942. Will try to obtain the book.

Interesting! my grandparents lived in Nethergreen for many years in the 40s-50s and I know my ancestors on the Samuel side were builders who did work in that area in the early 1900s. My parents were married in Ranmoor "chapel" in 1942. Will try to obtain the book.

Got mine from Sheffield Scene on Surrey Street.

Thanks Rivelin6, have just checked Amazon and think I can get it there. I'm not in Sheffield but Switzerland. Good to know about Sheffield Scene though - thank you.