Anyone worked at Firth Browns?

Guest Guest

• 3 weeks later...
DOB,worked on Gurhings,out with yer mate Ash every Sunday,mind you he's in Thailand for next 5 weeks.Knew Crumpy and Ernest and Ted Tickikliki if thats how yer spellit.

I remember the Ghurings being put in one Saturday morning. I believe one of the heavy gang got killed doing it

Edited by alanfergus
Spelling error

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I worked at FBT from 1967 until it closed in 1984. I started in the research labs on Windsor st when Jack Vickers was the manager. He was followed by Bill Caisley and then Dennis Davies. I then ran the pyrometry section with Dave Baxter until I moved to Maltby to run the E B welders (metal saw dept) with Roy Stillings , eventually coming back to Sheffield doing the same job until the firm closed in 1984.

On 10/05/2020 at 17:43, Edro said:

I worked at FBT from 1967 until it closed in 1984. I started in the research labs on Windsor st when Jack Vickers was the manager. He was followed by Bill Caisley and then Dennis Davies. I then ran the pyrometry section with Dave Baxter until I moved to Maltby to run the E B welders (metal saw dept) with Roy Stillings , eventually coming back to Sheffield doing the same job until the firm closed in 1984.

The guy I remember in pyro with Dave (Bert) was someone who lived at Old Tupton - Ted(?).

Any chance that was you?

Other names to remember were Brian Hawley Dave Grayhurst in metallurgy, Tony, Arthur & Joan in the chemy lab.

Edited by FORE

Yes that was me ( Edward Rowe ) I remember all the people you mention. I started at the same time as Ian Hagain, we were in the metallurgy prep lab together. Other names I remember were Ray ?  , Roger Dyball, Eric Darlow, Pete Johnson of course . There are quite a few other faces but I can't put names to them at the moment ( memory not so good these days.....it was a long time ago ).  Did you work there at that time ?

Edited by Edro

4 hours ago, Edro said:

Yes that was me ( Edward Rowe ) I remember all the people you mention. I started at the same time as Ian Hagain, we were in the metallurgy prep lab together. Other names I remember were Ray ?  , Roger Dyball, Eric Darlow, Pete Johnson of course . There are quite a few other faces but I can't put names to them at the moment ( memory not so good these days.....it was a long time ago ).  Did you work there at that time ?

Hi Edward!

still got your CV6 ?:hihi:

you've not mentioned me so I'll leave you guessing for a bit.

I was there 74-81.

Have you heard of anyone we mention? I see Tony Wright now and then going to the matches. Oops - that's a good clue!

be in touch soon, regards.