Davy united drawing office, 60's and 70's

If we are talking about the old EDO in the 1960's, does anybody know what happened to Phil Kirkup?

We were apprentices together in the 1950's before we both moved into the EDO. I left D-U in 1965, moved to Dominion Engineering in Montreal (Another company with ties to United Foundry & Engineering of Pittsburg) and lost touch.

Regards

• 2 months later...

I first worked in the EDO at 19, so it would have been 1980. Worked on Phil Ripley's squad then on Jack Wilfred's squad. I still even have a few A3 copies of some of the drawings I did. I'd love a picture from over the balcony if anyone has one.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I worked at Davys in the 70's and was secretary to Stan Boswell in the Publicity Department. Shortly after I joined sadly Stan Boswell died and a guy called Tony Chrismas took over - bit of a whiz kid from london and he and i clashed like hell for a while. I can remember howard Prothero who was a Director, Viv Muntus, the chairmans sec, handsome guy in the hydraulic dept called Pat. My best friends are Janet and Arthur Davison. Janet was David Dixons secretary and Arthur was a draftsman in the drawing office. Remember Phil kirkham and his secretary who i think married. John Robertshaw was the Marketing manager and Bill Cope, Wally Johnson, Doug Fretwell and Maurice Brookes were in an adjoining office and all sales engineers. Think there was another one whose name I can't remember. Used to get lots of pressies from these guys when they travelled the world, coffee beans from bill, perfume from Maurice. Happy Days

Linda

• 10 months later...