New to jewellery making

Hi

Ive started my first lesson on a jewellery making course im doing, i loved it, but im very basic, i need all the tools like pliers and those rounded ones to bend and some wire, beads, clasps, jump rings.

Basically a starter pack, other than hobbycraft can anyone point me in the right direction please, all your advice welcomed.

Thanks for reading

:):)

Jewels and Tools

Walsh's (Birmingham)

both online there are quite a few to choose from though to be honest a lot of the tools my missus has aren't really different to ones I use around the house.

I sell the tools too, and all the supplies. I've also got a section on the website that shows some basic methods for making loops, fitting fasteners etc. It's on the Ideas and Methods section.

Beading class @ The Forum in Stocksbridge starting Nov 9th 6.30-8.30 for 5 weeks, Cost is £5 for consessions and (I think) £25 for waged, and also an accredited class in Jan at the same place but date not confirmed yet.

Does any body know where I can buy a craft drill. I want to use it to drill tiny holes througn the beads.

You mean like a dremel? I think I got mine from Maplin, but B&Q etc. should have them, too.

You mean like a dremel? I think I got mine from Maplin, but B&Q etc. should have them, too.

Thank you.

I will go and have a try.

Hello pjozzie,

Yay to starting and loving jewellery making!

I've just opened a new bead shop in Sheffield city centre and sell loose beads, findings and tools too. Come in and have a look around or if you just want some advice on technique or materials. We could have a chat and put together a starter pack that's just right for you starting out.

Hope this helps. Feel free to get in touch!

Yvonne

x