Come Dine With Me Comes to Sheffield

Hello,

I have just had a latter from ITV Studios inviting me to take part in the new series. I'm not interested as the thought of being on TV terrify's me however I thought some of you maybe?

Matt Calais (Series Producer)

0871 200 3939

[email protected]

Enjoy!

Rachel

Oooh!

Everyone always says I should go on this, I but I don't like the idea of a TV crew in my house either!

Plus I wouldn't know where to start! Personally I think that what makes someone a good host is that they listen and remember what their friends like & dislike, so I always cook something appropriate. Cooking for strangers would be really weird!

Oh it's not just me then! I got a letter today inviting me to apply to take part. I was about to start a thread about it but found this one on search. I love watching that show and have joked about applying for it when they ask for people to volunteer for it at the end. But I don't understand how they knew I like it :suspect:

I'm tempted but not sure I want all my vast amount of enemies seeing me on television :help:

do you think you get some money for appearing rather then just a chance to appear. I got a wedding coming up and could do with a few ££££

I agree with gothic angel not sure if its worth it...

.oh please take part!! dont let them the people of sheffield cant cook!!:)

Edited by loobylou2008

Hello,

I have just had a latter from ITV Studios inviting me to take part in the new series. I'm not interested as the thought of being on TV terrify's me however I thought some of you maybe?

Matt Calais (Series Producer)

0871 200 3939

comediner[email protected]

Enjoy!

Rachel

Are you sure the email address is as above and not [email protected]?

Not that I'd enter... unless baked beans on toast could be considered a main course!! :hihi:

do you think you get some money for appearing rather then just a chance to appear. I got a wedding coming up and could do with a few ££££

I agree with gothic angel not sure if its worth it...

I'm pretty sure they don't pay the contestants except for the winner.

.oh please take part!! dont let them the people of sheffield cant cook!!:)

I'm still considering whether to apply or not! I did think "what if I end up hosting a dinner party for four of my many enemies?" :hihi: but I assumed the rules would state you had to be strangers to prevent people being tempted into cheating.

It could be an experience...... :huh:

If our house was bigger id do it - sure it'd be a good laugh

How come you two got letters? I'd have though you'd have to apply?

Don't blame you for not doing it though. I love the programme but would hate to be on tv!:D

Hang on - why is the email address at ITV? It's on Channel 4!!

How come you two got letters? I'd have though you'd have to apply?

Don't blame you for not doing it though. I love the programme but would hate to be on tv!:D

The letter isn't an offer to go on, it's an invitation to apply because they think I would be the kind of person who would be suitable (words along those lines I can't remember without looking at the letter again). So I guess I wouldn't be definitely accepted just on that basis... I'm just curious how they knew who I was and got my address :suspect: I've never applied for anything similar and it's the only cooking show I watch!

Hang on - why is the email address at ITV? It's on Channel 4!!

Perhaps ITV own channel 4 or something..? Not sure, but an interesting point, I'd not thought of that. Even more :suspect:

It's a Granada TV production for Channel 4. Granada are joint owned by ITV and a lot of Granada's output comes from ITV studios which may explain the address.