Making recovery disks

ashanta67

Just bought a laptop and I'd like to get cracking on making recovery disks. I don't know a thing about this - what kind/size of disk do I need. Does it have to be compatible with product? Are they ordinary disks you can buy from Amazon etc. Thanks...

They're normally just CD-Rs. Unless it's on about floppy discs but seeing as most laptops nowadays don't have floppy drive it's probably just CD-Rs :)

Yes... read the instructions. (They may be on your laptop rather than on paper but something you got on paper should have told you where to find them.) If the laptop can write to DVD media the chances are you can create a recovery disc on such. Again, read the instructions.

Personally, what i would do if i were you would be to buy a 16GB Memory Stick and use that as a recovery disk. The beauty of that size of memory stick is that if you want to back up any future work you may do or any special files you want to back up you can easily put it on the memory stick as well.

Otherwise i'd probably say DVD-R disc would do fine as it holds 4.7GB which would be more than enough.