Avago karting (swinton)

Trust me, once you've done outdoor karting you will never go back to indoor. Especially if you get to do it in the rain, eh michi? ;):D

I've done outdoor karting loads of times, its way, way better than indoor. I've done the one at Hillsborough 3 times and the one in Tenerife about 6 times. I think thats it..... One track I'd love to try though is Wombwell but thats purely for competition only isn't it?

Yes slicks and rain =:hihi::hihi::hihi:. thats why i always tell people to try out door tracks with faster engines, indoor 40mph are so tame and boring by comparason

I would love to do it in the rain. Do the karts slide all over the place? IE no grip at all?

I've done outdoor karting loads of times..

Apologies... getting confused with whose done what and where!

..I would love to do it in the rain. Do the karts slide all over the place? IE no grip at all?

They have some grip, but let go much much quicker. Like driving on egg shells. Great experience, drifting it (kinda) round a corner. Course that's not the way you should be doing it :hihi:

Funniest thing.. we did a grand prix in the rain once. But the warm up had been done in the dry. 1st heat I was 6th on grid. It started to rain just before we set off. Got to the first corner at the end of the pit straight and it was like wacky races... everyone going everywhere. I pootled through the carnage to be leading at the 2nd corner. Very reminiscent of Senna at Donnington in '93 :cool::hihi:

Apologies... getting confused with whose done what and where!

They have some grip, but let go much much quicker. Like driving on egg shells. Great experience, drifting it (kinda) round a corner. Course that's not the way you should be doing it :hihi:

Funniest thing.. we did a grand prix in the rain once. But the warm up had been done in the dry. 1st heat I was 6th on grid. It started to rain just before we set off. Got to the first corner at the end of the pit straight and it was like wacky races... everyone going everywhere. I pootled through the carnage to be leading at the 2nd corner. Very reminiscent of Senna at Donnington in '93 :cool::hihi:

To be fair, I don't think I've actually said in here that I've done outdoor karting!! I think those are the only 2 outdoor tracks I've been on though, certainly can't think of anymore!

I've been karting quite a lot of times but unfortunately its never been wet. I bet its brilliant though. I like the Senna comparison :D:D

Lets think, what tracks have I done?

Tenerife 5 or 6 times, Hillsborough 3, Swinton 3, Attercilffe 1, Leeds 1.

I absolutely love karting, I'd go every week if I could. If I had the money I'd have my own go-kart track made!!

Yes slicks and rain =:hihi::hihi::hihi:. thats why i always tell people to try out door tracks with faster engines, indoor 40mph are so tame and boring by comparason

Maybe so, but a couple of things you need to remember;

1) Regardless of the fact that outdoor tracks are amazing, indoor tracks are still mostly great fun and I know professional racing drivers who agree with that.

2) Most people go karting as a corporate event, or a stag do thing. They really couldn't care less that for more money, they could do it in faster karts on a faster track. It's fun.

Indoor karts are limit to 40mph and crap engine with no accelaration due to health and safety (no run off area indoor tracks remenber, if you crash its into tyre wall. even at 40mph it hurts,

Out door the karts go as fast as it allows, 70mph + when you are 3" off the floor feels a lot faster. Tracks are normally much wider so loads of room for overtaking, Most indoor tracks you cant overtake if the driver infront stays on racing line and its stupid,

70mph+ when you are soak to the bone is fun but freezing after a while

I absolutely love karting, I'd go every week if I could. If I had the money I'd have my own go-kart track made!!

Buy a rotax max off ebay for around £700+ then take it to PFI on thursaday, as it is pratice day and you pay £30 and have the use of the track whole day,

races are once a month on a sunday but you can race at other tracks aswell.

I agree outdoor karting is more demanding than indoor. Amen corner is a fantastic track close to Sheff. Last time we went we did an endurance race with a bunch of us. this included having to do pit stops for driver changes, also done the same format at Amen in the wet - scary!!.