Fairmount Nursery & Hackenthorpe Hall Nursery

hi...

ive been to look arount fairmount at hackenthorpe today and thought it was lovely...im worried now though looking on here! can anyone else give me an opinion. my 3 and 1 year old are currently at kidz@work and although its a fantastic place...im lookin for somewhere more convinent.

so any other opinions of fairmountwould be greatly appreciated

Fairmount was the third nursery my daughter attended. After 2 which were a disgrace we thought his place was fantastic.

On our first visit I didn't like it as the room my daughter was to be in looked a little scruffy. We visited 4 more times before deciding and each time it looked completely different. The children were always happy and the staff very friendly.

My daughter used to jump out of bed in a morning as soon as she heard me get up and never wanted to leave when I went to collect her. She's just left there to start school but she's already asking when she can go back to visit.

The cooked lunches are delivered and look lovely. My daughters sheet always said "ate all + extra". In fact she used to get upset if she wasn't there for her lunch as sometimes she only did the afternoon session.

Sorry to go on so much but I think it's really important to choose the right nursery.

I have a boy who is 12 months old and he's been a few times too but at the moment we don't need childcare for him. When we do we will definatley be using Fairmount again. The few times he went he came back happy with a clean nappy. Another nursery I used, my daughters nappy would be between her knees before they changed it. She always had nappy rash!!

My husband was very impressed overall with the nursery too and it takes a lot for him to be happy when other people are looking after his "princess"!!

Hope this helps

thats really helpful thankyou....i thought it was lovely aswell. where they are now is great but so 'posh', maybe a little clinical. the main reaon i want to move them is we have moved house so more convinent....the fact that fairmount is about £400 cheaper is quite interesting 2. well, we r going back next friday for an hour in morning to see how they get on. thanks again for your help x

Edited by clarez85

Glad to help. We also viewed Kidz at Work. I liked it for the layout and it was very clean, but hubby hated the place. Like you say very clinical. Neither of us felt relaxed there.

Fairmount is loads cheaper than most we have looked at but I can assure you we only ever received good service.

What suits one person doesn't always suit another so I say go have another look around with an open mind and go with your own instinct.

Joanne

Hi Clarez85, I decided to put my children in hackenthorpe hall, the staff are brill and my kids loved it at the settling in days.

Ive heard bad reports on fairmount but its only what ive heard, not had any direct complaints if you know what i mean!?

hi....ive made an appointment to visit hackenthorpe hall next friday cos im working til then....what are the prices like there? i work for the nhs and fairmount do a discount for nhs staff. im going back to fairmount, also next fri to let my children play while i watch from outside for a bit. i wonder wheather to ask them about their 'bad reputation' and see what they say?

Hackenthorpe hall cost £42 a day which includes breakfast, dinner, tea, snacks and drinks. (9am - 6pm) Also includes pampers nappies and sudacrem cream - i really thought it was good value for money.

Or for the morning 9am - 1pm its £21 includes breakfast, mid morning snack, lunch and drinks.

Not sure if they do a discount for NHS but they do give discounts of 10% for more children

How old is your child/children? I really cannot say a bad word about hackenthorpe hall.

I wouldnt have thought Fairmount will agree to their bad reputation. But i honestly think that its just hearsay, you know yourself when you walk in somewhere if its right for your child. Have a look at Hackenthorpe Hall too and see what you think.

I will say as well though, Fairmount are starting to charge for lunch on top of the daily rate which is bought in made but Hackenthorpe include lunch in their price and its homemade by an onsite cook.

Good luck!!