Don't know why my cat is sick

Not the cheeriest topic in the world I know, but my cat has recently started vomiting after every time she eats. She seems healthy in every other respect and it doesn't seem to distress her - I will of course take her to the vets after the bank holiday but I wondered if anyone else has experienced the same thing? She hasn't had a change in diet (Whiskas) or any other changes that I can think of.

she might had someting stuck in her throat/ stomach?

My dog kept being sick once and a stick splinter had got trapped causing her to be sick whenever she tried to eat.

If the opinion is right, they are deprived of the opportunity of exchanging error for truth.If wrong, they lose, what is almost as great a benefit, the clearer perception and livelier impression of truth, produced by its collision with error JS Mill

This symptom can be something as minor as a stuck hairball or a poisioning which can be fatal.

I would highly recommend you take your cat to the vets today,

If your vets is closed ring this number for the emergency out of hours vet treatment for Sheffield.

Vets Now Ltd Sheffield

14 Newhall Road, Sheffield, S9 2QL

Out of Hours Emergency Telephone: 0114 242 1929

Easily accessed from J34 of the M1, and just three minutes drive from the Meadowhall Shopping Complex the Sheffield Vets Now clinic is well located to service practices in the Sheffield and Rotherham areas. The clinic is situated on Newhall Road, close to the Don Valley Stadium.

This service is based in the PSDA centre but it is a private service and it COSTS MONEY to be treated, but telephone advice is free.

Deposit is £100, returnable when you picked up your cat and pay the bill (sadly chargeable as some people abandon their sick pets there)

Even if you don't have money to take your cat for treatment, please ring for advice.

Good Luck

A cat of ours did this. It was because she had worms and was always starving! she would eat far too fast and because she'd wolfed it down, she threw it straight back up.

Does she seem to be eating fast? If so, it could be worms and worming tablets can help, if you can get them down her throat. You may also see worms in the vomit when you clear it up if she has them.

If possible, whenever you're there and she eats try to get her to eat slower, hold her away from the bowl while she finishes her first mouthful. I know you can't always do this but it may help.

Make sure she gets plenty of water as well if she's throwing up a lot.

Hope you get it sorted!

Lottie

Archived