On Chatting To A Tramp

well my advice ( albeit slightly selfish ) grab 2 tinnys tommorow and give him one, then you will be his buddy and he will tell you even more of his worldly views and you can tell us :D cos i loved reading about your first encounter with him :hihi:

Originally posted by Ant

Run that by me again. Drinking a can of chilled Carling whilst waiting for a bus is the action of a moron? That's extremely insulting and offensive, mojo.

If that were that case, don't you think I'd have bought a Pepsi instead? Think about it, dear.

i thought it was illegal to drink in the streets? it isin Glasgow

ohh noo if it gets like that here i will be permanatly in the nick :(

Guest Ant

Litha, thankyou, sweetie. x

I don't understand all the fuss over the drinking in the streets thing - I'm not a yob, and don't look like one when sat chilling out (literally) waiting for a bus after a hard day at work.

As it happens, I avoided him today as he was in deep conversation with a lady (I think she was from the institution as well) dressed in a crop-top made from what looked like a binbag. They sat down together on the steps of Market Street stocks where a group of kids were giving them their sweets they'd just bought from my shop (aw, bless 'em. Kids aren't all mouthy yobs, are they?)

well even if you dint get a story out of him to share with us today at least you got the latest fashion tips..... *crop top bin bags are all the rage* at least this will make kitting myself out with a whole new wardrobe extremely cheep especially if i get them wholesale at JTF :D

i dont see what is wrong with having a cold can either in the streets, fair enough if its a gang of ruffians that the police would break up anyway then ya can say it looks yobish but then again these types are yobish even without the tinny. many a time ive walked from one pub to another with a bottle/can i wouldnt have thought i was being anti social ( well not till i was walking from the last pub any way :hihi: :hihi:

It's certainly illegal to drink on the streets where I come from, £500 fine if you're caught with an open alcoholic beverage on your person!

I quite frequently have a can of lager or two on the half hour walk home from work. But no-one gives me any hassle about it (or even notices, probably) - I think thats probably because I'm a young white girl with mostly neat hair and relatively clean clothes. Apart from the faint smell of mackerel, I think I look relatively harmless.

Quite often I give a can away to someone on the way if they ask me for money. Probably not the best thing to help a homeless person but they always seem pretty pleased with it!

where do you live hook?

i cant say i have heard of this before.

i wonder how far this will go and if soon we will be getting a £500 fine for loytering with an open packet of wine gums :(

Originally posted by Litha

where do you live hook?

i cant say i have heard of this before.

i wonder how far this will go and if soon we will be getting a £500 fine for loytering with an open packet of wine gums :(

hey u lot, cudnt help reading the posts which led frum talkin bout a ..homeless guy to gettn fined for drinkin on the streets (sorry i know im a bit late!)

. I live in shropshire and it is illegal to drink on the streets here!

even though its silly n doesnt stop ppl.

Guest Ant

I think the police aren't stupid, whatever the local bylaws are. They'd collar a bunch of dodgy looking lads boozing on the streets, they most certainly wouldn't bat an eyelid over someone in full uniform on a hot day supping on a Carling. I've done it for years - in fact, the day before I was doing the same thing at the same bus stop with the same hobo, when a police car pulled up at the store. The officer came over and spoke to my tramp over an alledged assault over a local girl (who apparently called him a bitch when he nicked some chips from her bag). He asked everyone at the stop (including myself, Carling-in-hand) whether they'd witnessed the incident. Basically, he decided I wasn't a "moronic" drunken chav and ignored the can (given of course, that it was an offence in the first place). As I said, the police aren't stupid.

Wow, drifted a bit off topic, haven't we?

Ant,

These Lib Dem councillors can be a damned pain in the sub-navel region. The kindest and wisest thing you can do is laugh at him.

Guest Ant

:hihi:

Let me guess, Timo. Either Daily Mail or The Times?