Sign in to follow this  

Music needed please.

Hi, I'm taking part in a production with a local dance school for charity. We cannot find the music for one of the numbers we are doing, "If I were not upon the stage" I wonder if someone here knows where I might get it or would it be possible to reacreate it. I can do it on the keyboard, albeit out of time and ne fingered but that wont do it i'm afraid. Please help.

EDIT:

Just found this:

I tried for ages to find the music, to no avail. However, you might find the following from Michael Lowry of the Company of Friends helpful:

Thanks for your enquiry. We don't have any music for this - nothing so formal! However, if you have the basic overall tune in your head, tell your musician that the verse is built round the chord sequence - C Major, A minor 7th, D minor 7th, G 7th; the refrain is C, G and G 7th.

Hope this helps

Edited by andyk68
New Info:

Can't help with the music but if this is the same song.. there's a version of it on Monty Pythons Spanish Inquisition

Look from 7minutes onwards, to see Graham Chapman singing it...

Yes thats another varyation of the song, theres loads on youtube and for a musician it should really be quite easy to reproduce.