Incident in Loxley Saturday 9th May

I'm not debating it.

I'm merely being careful with what I say - and with what i've read in the Star I wouldn't go as far as saying it was 'quite clearly a murder'.

Not a good idea to assume The Star prints facts.

Not a good idea to assume The Star prints facts.

WHAT?

<removed> take a break.

I never said it did. It seems quite clear there was a confrontation between one man (now dead) and a gang of maybe 10. IF one or more of the 10 are responsible for his death then I'm sure they'll be brought to book. But to say it's "quite clearly murder" (as someone else in the thread did) is ludicrous to say the least.

Edited by happyhippy
removed masked swearing

Four young men were arrested on suspicion of murder after the altercation. One has been released without charge.

The others, aged 19, 20 and 21, were released this morning on police bail pending further enquiries.

Police are still seeking another "named person".

thge above is the latest from the star...

they have been released on bail

WHAT?

<removed>take a break.

I never said it did. It seems quite clear there was a confrontation between one man (now dead) and a gang of maybe 10. IF one or more of the 10 are responsible for his death then I'm sure they'll be brought to book. But to say it's "quite clearly murder" (as someone else in the thread did) is ludicrous to say the least.

I don't think they offered him a lollipop and he choked on it now did he? It's quite clear the poor guy was murdered by these cretins.

Edited by happyhippy
removed masked swearing

yes a good man missed by many sorry to hear about what has happend

I don't think they offered him a lollipop and he choked on it now did he? It's quite clear the poor guy was murdered by these cretins.

He was, by the looks of it, killed by one or more of the gang...

However that doesn't make it murder.

I'm not argueing the toss here - if they killed him they deserve to rot, but murder and manslaughter are 2 different charges......

He was, by the looks of it, killed by one or more of the gang...

However that doesn't make it murder.

I'm not argueing the toss here - if they killed him they deserve to rot, but murder and manslaughter are 2 different charges......

thats right,if a person intentionally sets out that day to kill some one it is classed as murder.

if he had no intentions of killing some one that day then that is classed as manslaughter.

it stinks but thats the way it is.....i hope they catch the guy that did it.

I was on loxley road that night and didn't hear a thing. I did leave a house at 10:35 and cant rememeber seeing anything unusual!

Shame the neighbours didnt see/hear anything or they could've jumped in and helped.

Loxley Road could be a million miles from where it happened. As it is I was out so can't comment on how much noise the argument created but did come home whilst the ambulance was still at the scene.

I would say unless you have hard facts about what happened it isn't very good saying neighbours could have jumped in a lot of people in the area are over 60 or have young families and if the reports are correct Craig stood up to the thugs.

There is a problem in the area with gangs but not gang wars; I would put it more down to anti social behaviour due to the fact that there is nothing to do other than stand around boozing, playing football, messing with off road bikes etc which is what the local lads do. Police are up and down in the area on a regular basis and yes the anti social behaviour drives me mad.

As far as I am aware the neighbours are helping the police with enquiries and will tell them what went off as I am sure there will have been a few curtains twitching they had started door to door enquiries yesterday but not sure how far they got with them.

I do feel for the family as they have lived in the area as long as we have and no one should loose a family member is these circumstances or so young.

I think you'll find that a man being attacked and killed is classed as a crime in this country so lets not pussy foot around and try to say anything else.

We are all entitled to a police presence in our area for crime prevention. Saying that the police are now doing their job is absolutely no comfort the the victims family. I have had a police car drive up my road twice already this morning - talk about shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted!!

I am not suggesting that police patrol the area every evening or even every week - but occasionally would be nice. We need more police officers in the north of Sheffield on patrol to try and curb anti-social behaviour which is often the catalyst for this sort of behaviour. Seeing a police presence in the area now after someone has been killed is too little far too late.

Sanman

Not sure where the police have come from but unless I am very much mistaken than we have had a police presence on Philips Road every night for the last week or there abouts.

We also get the local liaison office round occasionally (young women) I think she has been at least 3 times this week to my knowledge.

If there report in today's star has anything to go by then yes it was an incident waiting to happen which according to Craig's niece he predicted. How do you combat this have a police presence on every street in the country 24/7 I arrived home at 11:20 Saturday night and by that time we had at least 2 riot vans 3 police cars and an ambulance all well established at the scene so not sure what else could have been done.

IMO something like this has been brewing for a while. No amount of police presence would prevent it. People think they are untouchable but in the end, they arent. People are genuinly afraid to step into these type of events normally and I dont blame them.

Craig grew up in Loxley and many people know him and his family. From what I know, he knew those involved. He tried to ask them to be quiet and we know the result. Noone should have to ever suffer what he did. My full sympathy to his family.

I see many from Loxley have posted on here. Loxley was, is and will continue to be a nice and desirable area.

RIP xx

Ronkers.

murder and manslaughter are 2 different charges......

I don't think you can be charged with manslaughter, you get arrested for murder (suspicion of or actual) the courts then decide the offence.

Either way Craig didn't go outside to lose his life. And if you ask me the whole gang need to be named and shamed as murderers or accomplices.

Not taken the Star to get it wrong - head line on website reads Ecclesfield Murder