Peak District on Bank Hol Monday

Hi, does anyone know if it will be possible to get out to the Peak district by bus e.g. to Castleton, by bus, on Bank holiday monday - will the 272 be running from Interchange? Or can I get a train to Hope and is it possible ot walk to Castleton from there?

I have no idea, sorry - but I hope you have a swell day.

Hi, does anyone know if it will be possible to get out to the Peak district by bus e.g. to Castleton, by bus, on Bank holiday monday - will the 272 be running from Interchange? Or can I get a train to Hope and is it possible ot walk to Castleton from there?

Just tried this site:

http://tsy.yorkshiretravel.net/welcome.do

and it came up with a 272 on the hour every hour from 9.00am (you may want to double check for yourself just in case I've put something in wrong).

I think it's actually meant to be quite a nice walk from Hope to Castleton as well from what I recall.... If you go to the http://www.thetrainline.com, they are showing hourly trains at 9.14am, 10.14am,.....

Enjoy your day out! (I am planning to hit Castleton next week, but not tomorrow).

PS

Just had a dekko at my map, and Castleton is about 2 miles, straight road, from Hope (unless you want to jazz it up and take a roundabout route) So about a 30-40 walk at average pace.

Sounds nice but alas with the weather and the lack of buses ona bank holiday I have decided to defer my trip until next Saturday now but thanks for the info and leads everyone ...

Actually bus services in the Peak District are usually much better on Sundays and bank holidays.

Actually bus services in the Peak District are usually much better on Sundays and bank holidays.

I think the OP might have made it out into the Peaks by now, since his post was over two years ago.