Have you ever started a conversation with an old friend and regretted it?

Have you bumped into somebody you grew up with and you've not seen for ten or fifteen years and started up a conversation and wished you'd just walked on by and never bothered.I did this today and I'm going to pop into my GP's tomorrow to make an appointment,I think I might have leprosy.I'm dumbfounded,we used to be good mates and I don't think I've changed that much apart from getting married and having kids.I'm puzzled.

There's nothing more awkward than a situation where you see somebody you know (but not all that well/haven't seen in years etc) and you stop to have a little chit chat, but they were clearly only going to say a passing "hello" and have to sort of backtrack to have the now extremely awkward conversation! :rolleyes::blush:

People change; while it is a shame to have pleasant memories soured there is nowt you can do about it. I've lost friendships because I didn't like whom the other person had become and no doubt some people have avoided me because I'm not my fifteen year old self any more.

Just one of those things.

People change; while it is a shame to have pleasant memories soured there is nowt you can do about it. I've lost friendships because I didn't like whom the other person had become and no doubt some people have avoided me because I'm not my fifteen year old self any more.

Just one of those things.

i think this is prob the case hun, shame really but just one of those thing :thumbsup: