Help with bought stock

can anyone help. ive just bought a load of craft boxes the ones where you can varnish or paint yourself but mainly most of the hindges are rusty. so i dont no the best way to sell them. people wont buy them with the rust but the boxes are in very good condition. would it be best to find someone who can clean or replace them.but need to keep the cost down or anyone no of anyone who may beable to help in anyway.ive been wanting to start my own business and thourght this is a start but now iam stuck.with a load of boxes that i cant find a buyer or the best way to contact people to try and sell them to any ideas or help would be very greatfull.

how about hammerite and a craft brush?

btw - is this financially viable or are you best flogging them cheap?

who supplied them? can't you send them back or negotiate a significant discount (or refuse to pay)?

Maybe take of the hinges and soak them in vinegar and lemon juice for a few hours to make them new, just a budget thought if you dont want to spend more money, also you could condition the boxes to be various types of boxes, for example, barbie boxes or keep sake boxes, checkout and do some research in other areas of trade regarding boxes.

• 3 weeks later...