S5 lovely people..

i moved from S6 to S5 last year and i like it :) theres the odd gang of kids hangin around in places, but you get that in most areas. its pretty quiet round where i live, and everyone on the street is friendly, if they are outside they will say hello to you or give you a wave :)

Lived in S5 for 20 years, moved away 10yrs ago...good memories and even miss it to this day. Anyone remember the Horses field?..and the Longley baths?

i remember "longley baths and the horses field.

does anyone remember how great the park was on hartley brook, how fast the long slide was when it had been waxed and the sledging and cardboard slides........hartley brook has been over taking by trees now on the best slide bits.

i've lived in the same house in S5 for the last 8 and a half years and never had a problem yeah there's a few gangs around and groups of kids but they have never bothered me and i walk the streets late at night and have never been bothered by anybody i came from the S4 area of sheffield so if you can live there you can live anywhere:D

i've lived in s5 now for 8 years and my wife for 15 years and we love it

Like many area's S5 has it's small pockets of anti socials. But S5 North Sheffield is one of the best areas. There are those that attache labels to us that do not even know the area. Post code gangs and such like. Here in Shirecliffe that tag is laughed at. Many come to S5 from other area's to make use of our amenities. The same as the new Community Centre in Shirecliffe that attracts many from outside Shirecliffe. These are the people that tag us. I have met a few. But S5 is a very sociable area where if we treat the youngsters with respect then they treat us with respect. I say this as a pensioner that is fed up with seeing our youngsters left out of decision making, Blamed for being young I guess. We were vandals when we were young but we did not have to put up with so many petty rules and silly laws, We had places to go. Things to do. All this has now been taken away from today's youngsters. We as the older generation need to involve kids in S5. They are the future

Just to ad

I walk to my shops every morning. I say " Good Morning " to all I meet. Greet people with a smile young or old. No matter what mood I am in. Maybe we should all do this. Lets have a " Hello smiley day " for Shirecliffe.,

I'm next door in S9.

...waits for boos and hisses

s 5 great people shame our MP CANT STAND THE THOUGHT OF LIVING AMONGST US were not posh enoygh for BLUNKETT