Pancake Day

Large, thin, flat, and flexible, easily rolled up around a filling, made with a plain, thin, unsweetened batter, using just flour, egg and milk or milk and water. A bit bland without the sugar, lemon etc, except that I like bland food.

Classic recipe here:

http://pancakes.org.uk/pancake_recipe.aspx

There isnt any difference really you can still have crepe pan cakes by using a ready mix. I didnt have time to mess about with whisking and adding the normal ingrediants so got ready mix and was just as nice only alot quicker.

Ta for that. I now understand the English pancake.

Ta for that. I now understand the English pancake.

I dont know differance really mind you what ever pancakes I eat they never touch the sides anyway :hihi:

Which I didn't know up until now! I'll have to try it next time I'm in England.

why wait till you come to england, but make your pancakes thicker if you are having gravy on them, twice as thick they are not meant to be rolled up when you have gravy on them.

they are nice with just gravy or you can have them with cornbeef hash or any hash or stew on them, very filling.

why wait till you come to england, but make your pancakes thicker if you are having gravy on them, twice as thick they are not meant to be rolled up when you have gravy on them.

they are nice with just gravy or you can have them with cornbeef hash or any hash or stew on them, very filling.

I mean to try a Yorkshire Pudding. How well will this work out with me being a vegetarian anyway? Haha!

I'm glad I did my pancakes from scratch. I was going to cheat and get a packet mix but what I made seemed to go down well. I didn't have any myself but now I realise how quick and easy it is to do them I'll be doing more savoury pancakes for tea