Did anyone see the fabulous sunset this evening (21st)

It was a wonderful sunset, and the photos from everyone are spectacular.

Changing the subject slightly. I don't know how many can take photos of the sky at night, but there's a comet heading past us at the moment over the next few days/week.

I'v been told that you can see it's between the constellation Leo and Virgo and near Saturn in the Southwest before dawn with the best sighting on Tuesday 24th Feb.

It's a greenish hue and is called Comet Lulin.

Damkina

From what i have read we will need a very clear night and something along the lines of a telescope to see this comet. I really hope that is wrong because i would love to get a picture of a comet.

This comet passes once every million years. We are not going to get another chance to see it.

Oh dear! I was told it would be visible to the naked eye over the next few days:(

I'm already awake before the birds anyway to go to work and I've got a telescope, so hopefully there may be something to see... if not we'll just have to watch calendar at tea time and hope they have something.

Damkina

Some stunning pictures from everyone. Unfortunately I wasn't in Sheffield, and it wasn't anywhere near as spectacular further north (York), but the sky was still a nice colour so I took a quick photo.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3359/3300401950_11129ee633.jpg

I love this picture... very atmospheric.

Well done and thanks for posting it for us to take a look at.

I took quite a few

I think this is my fave of the bunch

Setting Fire

^ That's a stunning photo kblade - very dramatic :)

(I've said this on the other place already, but hey)

It was absolutely stunning, and the photos that everyone has posted on here are just breathtaking. :thumbsup: