Has your life gone according to plan?

Originally posted by MrHelicopter

And then, 20 or 30 or 40 years later, you say "what happened?" You drift from one place to another, wherever the current takes you, until you realise that you don't like where you are.

It is possible to take control of your life and get where you want to be. If you don't get exactly there - at least you will have moved in the right direction.

All I can really add is i am 29 and my life is brilliant so far so good as they say. Live every day as if it was your last.

Well,

I was sort of OK until my early 30s then it went pear shaped. I have to hold my hands up and say 'mea culpa' because I made a few bad decisions that screwed things up big time.

However......

I think had I carried on in the same way I might have been dead by now - I was overweight and almost certainly heading for a heart attack. I'm also financially more secure (though with less money now) than I was back then - back then I had a truck load of debt but was servicing it, whereas now I have little debt. I'm more of a mature person - actually, I think I'm a better human being than I was.

I've also done stuff - written books, articles, etc. done film scripts, made short films, tried to make a feature film, presented radio shows, travelled to Alaska.

Overall, I'm happier now than I was then, feel that I'm more together and am looking forward to doing all sorts of stuff with my life!

So, here we go!!!!! :)

Joe

My mum says 'life is what happens whilst you're making plans...'

Originally posted by Strix

My mum says 'life is what happens whilst you're making plans...'

Come off it Strix, that's not an original unless your Mom's stage name is John Lennon! :D

she says it. I didn't say she invented it K

Remember ,this is not a rehearsal for Life, It is the real thing and it passes so quickly.

I do have a plan now.I try to plan a year ahead and not too much in advance as things can change, but I do think it important so that you can take some control of your life.

Guest karenjane39

None of my life has gone the way I thought it would.

Which isn't a bad thing.

I started uni four years ago doing an English degree, halfway through my second year I got married and had a baby so took some time out until my baby was older.

Month after she was born I found out I'd got thyroid cancer. So the treatment for that has delayed my return to uni. Thankfully I will be able to go back after this Christmas and fully intend to do so (have already told uni I'm coming back!) but here I am, FORTY this year and with a 13 year old and a 22 month old, a husband and uni to go back to! So while I never planned my life much I NEVER expected to be where I am today having gone through so many experiences in a short space of time.

But funnily enough I wouldn't change anything, even the cancer bit, as it's 95% curable that's easy to say.

I had a plan. To be a high flying singleton business woman, in a smart apartment, travelling the world in her spare time.

Plan update: I am married to the best man in the world.

: I have a really good job that I enjoy and gone much further up the career ladder than I thought I would have at this time in my life.

: I have a nice big modern house to live in.

: I'm now in a position to do the travelling that I always wanted to. Dublin, Italy and France this year.... Africa on safari next year.

the marriage was a bit of a suprise, but having someone to share the travelling experiences with makes them so much more fun and exciting.

Hope all this happiness doesn't make people hate me. but considering where I started from in life - I am truly proud of what I have achieved.... so there !