Hair Extensions in Sheffield

I am wanting hair extensions putting in and I want your feedback.. have you had them in before, was it bonded or weaved..how much did you pay..

reccomended hair dressers that do it.. tell me all!

Good & bad am i :loopy:

Thanks

nope yr not mad

i had them bonded total nightmare looked shabby loada crap

went for weaving never looked back a lot better looked a lot better easier to maintain straighten n tht

i pay around 50 quid

sals cut n weave hatfield house lane sheff 5

look wicked great price :D

Only £50? I thought they were a lot more than that :)

Kimba How short was your hair when you first had them put in?

Im not far from Sals.. £50 is a bargain.. how long do they last?

Hi Becci,

I suppose hair extensions are good as they can be fun, give you an instant new look thats easily maintained and you can change the look anytime.

The bad news is Ive read that they can do damage to your natural hair and you will almost always have to have the ends of your hair cut after they are removed.

Also if a lot are added, this applies additional pressure to your scalp which can then thin your natural hair.

Good luck with whatever you decide....

Edited by rockxchick

they last artound 4-5 months depending on how you lookafter them

she might charge you a little more and you take your own hair so its up to you how much you spend on your hair too :P

Why not try some clip-in extensions to see how you get on with them and if you like them before shelling out for bonded/woven.

also the more you spend on hair the better quality it is

it also depends on the lengh you want.

my hair wasnt short its actually quite long but the extensions make it really thick and full.

hope that helps.

I used to have my extensions glued in which absolutely ruined my hair, that was about 3 yrs ago and it hasn't recovered yet, i now have them weaved in which is far better and last around 2 months, i always go to dixon lane to Hair2go she only charges £35 for 3 rows weaved in.. :thumbsup:

I can weave hair extensions in Ive had it done myself just to give me a different look !!! they were wicked and didn't damage my hair. I wouldn't go for the glue it will damage ur hair for sure!!! been told too many horror stories about it!! Send me a PM if ur interested il do it for ya no probs !!

hi everyone. im a fully qualified cindrella hair extentionest.

in my experiance the best by far are pre bonded. they need to be of a remy grade and cindrella bonds are a protei and not a glue, which means kinder to hair, easier application and more importantly easier removal with no damage tothe hair.

if extensions are applied correctly and looked after correctly they will cause you no problem what so ever.

what does worry me in the above post is hair extensions should not be applied to anyone who has recieved chemotherapy until 5 years after treatment as the hair follicles are simply noit strong enough to hold the extension. be careful people, lots of cowboys out there. if you do opt for any kind , make sure they are fully qualified. there is more to hair extensions then meets the eye.