Esporta - Is there a joining fee?

Hi... I'm also considering an individual membership on one of these two "Esporta & Greens"... does anyone know something about the prices in Greens?... do they have swimming pool???... Esporta seems to be a very good place

They do have a swimming pool but honestly there standards have slipped & they are not worth it unless you like to swim in poop ;)

They do have a swimming pool but honestly there standards have slipped & they are not worth it unless you like to swim in poop ;)

Slightly harsh... Well I used to work there and I have been totally messed about. It is a good gym but management??? HAHA!!

Slightly harsh... Well I used to work there and I have been totally messed about. It is a good gym but management??? HAHA!!

Not harsh at all. I would not want anyone wasting their money & was just being honest. If you worked there I am guessing our paths may have crossed.

The gym has good facilities & that it is about it. With some of the attitude of staff & some clientel not all but some you could mistake it for a knocking shop ;)

with over 4000 members dont think there doing bad do you lol

with over 4000 members dont think there doing bad do you lol

If that is the kind of place that floats your boat, good for you :thumbsup:

If you are advertising on tacky billboards saying free this & free that & no joining fee etc it is a cheap way to attract people & will pull them kind of figures in.

If they were doing so well they would not need to advertise like they do, sad really.

Your best bet is Fitness Unlimited, no joining fee and about £24 a month. Concord SPorts Centre. Ponds Forge, Hillsborough Leisure Centre and Don Valley Stadium

The Esporta website isn't telling me the monthly membership fee. I just called them and they wanted me to make an appointment before they told me the costs. I already know it's going to be expensive but I don't fancy a big sales pitch for half an hour.

Does anybody know how much it is per month for a corporate membership and if there is currently a joining fee?

Do you have to sign up for minimum amount of months?

Is there a reduced fee for 16 to 18 year old members?

Thanks in anticipation of any info!

You'll find that there's a joining fee to pay with most private health clubs - I was a member of greens for years, but then a friend recommended Fitness Unlimited to me, so I went to try it out and the facilities are great. I use the one at Ponds Forge - the facilities are just as good as the private clubs, and the range of facilities is great - gyms, pools, fitness classes, spa. You can even use the athletics track at Don Valley.

Have a look at their website http://www.fitnessunlimited.co.uk (I think that's it - if not, just type it into google)

esporta is nice but very expensive, i went to virgin for a while which in my opinion is just as good but cheaper.

It's not a gym, but for the sake of a free fitness session, why not come along to try British Military Fitness. It is nothing like as harsh as the name suggests. OK, there isn't a pool, but you will certainly get much better exercise than you would at any gym. It may not be for you, but it's definitely worth using the free trial session.