St Patricks and St Peters schools 50s 60s 70s

Margaret, some of my older brothers and sisters attended St. Pat's in the 60's but none on your list. The only name I recognise is Tommy Nestor who I believe was in the same class as my brother Sean. There were nine of us who were taught at St. Patrick's and afterwards at St. Peter's.

Paul T.

Thank you, Paul T. I am in touch with three other pupils, and we would love to meet as many as possible. I am not confident about finding any more, particularly as the girls may have a married surname. Never mind, it may prove fruitful. The same details have been shared on Facebook.

Best wishes,

Margaret Eaton (nee Burke)

Hi a couple of people have mentioned Paul Parkin , he was my Dad he was a fire fighter as mentioned but sadly died on duty in 1974 x not sure if anyone would have any old photos with him on

Thanks

Hi a couple of people have mentioned Paul Parkin , he was my Dad he was a fire fighter as mentioned but sadly died on duty in 1974 x not sure if anyone would have any old photos with him on

Thanks

I've heard of your dad, is he by any chance buried in the catholic section of the churchyard behind St Josephs at Handsworth ??.

Hi Mburditt, my husband is a current firefighter in SYFRS, I have sent him your message, hes sent me 3 pics of your Dad which he got from the brigade photographer, it wont let me download them form whatsapp as im at work, ill upload them onto here for you later, or if you want them sent privately please send me your email address :-)

---------- Post added 28-07-2015 at 12:52 ----------

Thanks

Hi Mburditt, my husband is a current firefighter in SYFRS, I have sent him your message, hes sent me 3 pics of your Dad which he got from the brigade photographer, it wont let me download them from whatsapp as im at work, ill upload them onto here for you later, or if you want them sent privately please send me your email address :-)[/

HI mburditt I think I knew your dad, was it the accident down at english steel, I was fireman from 67-86 then had medical discharge I think Bob Smith also lost his life at the same job.

I've heard of your dad, is he by any chance buried in the catholic section of the churchyard behind St Josephs at Handsworth ??.

Yes ta hats him

---------- Post added 23-08-2015 at 10:28 ----------

HI mburditt I think I knew your dad, was it the accident down at english steel, I was fireman from 67-86 then had medical discharge I think Bob Smith also lost his life at the same job.

Yes that's the one Bob died just before Dad

---------- Post added 23-08-2015 at 10:30 ----------

Hi Mburditt, my husband is a current firefighter in SYFRS, I have sent him your message, hes sent me 3 pics of your Dad which he got from the brigade photographer, it wont let me download them form whatsapp as im at work, ill upload them onto here for you later, or if you want them sent privately please send me your email address :-)

Hi Mburditt, my husband is a current firefighter in SYFRS, I have sent him your message, hes sent me 3 pics of your Dad which he got from the brigade photographer, it wont let me download them from whatsapp as im at work, ill upload them onto here for you later, or if you want them sent privately please send me your email address :-)[/

My e mail address is [email protected] if you could send them that would be amazing as we have hardly any photos thanks

---------- Post added 23-08-2015 at 10:31 ----------

Sorry that e mail address should be [email protected]

Yes ta hats him

---------- Post added 23-08-2015 at 10:28 ----------

Yes that's the one Bob died just before Dad

---------- Post added 23-08-2015 at 10:30 ----------

My e mail address is [email protected] if you could send them that would be amazing as we have hardly any photos thanks

---------- Post added 23-08-2015 at 10:31 ----------

Sorry that e mail address should be [email protected]

Ive PM'd you :-)

Hi I also went to St. Peter's, and remember Pauline parks, Teresa peel, Ann O'Reilly, Michael Gibson, Robert Harding, John charlesworth. Maureen Wheelan, Marie Keogh, Christine Kingham, Alice Thorpe, Christine Kulinski. I remember Mr Macnerney, Mr. Farrell, Mr. Walsh, Mr Anyon, and of course Sister Josephinea and Sister Veronica, who went on to be head teacher at St Thomas Mores, Geenoside, where my children went, and also my grandsons!

My name was Wanda Dyszlewicz. I also remember Father O'Reilley, Father Kirkham and Father Bedford.

Hi I also went to St. Peter's, and remember Pauline parks, Teresa peel, Ann O'Reilly, Michael Gibson, Robert Harding, John charlesworth. Maureen Wheelan, Marie Keogh, Christine Kingham, Alice Thorpe, Christine Kulinski. I remember Mr Macnerney, Mr. Farrell, Mr. Walsh, Mr Anyon, and of course Sister Josephinea and Sister Veronica, who went on to be head teacher at St Thomas Mores, Geenoside, where my children went, and also my grandsons!

My name was Wanda Dyszlewicz. I also remember Father O'Reilley, Father Kirkham and Father Bedford.

Hi went to both st toms 1970-1976 st petes 1976- 1979 might have been after you

Hello Wanda

I used to sit in front of you in mr Walshs class you sat with Marie Vaz my name was Anne Mcgovan I also remember all the names you have mentioned .

Hi Anne, I remember your name, yes I was friends with Marie Vaz all through my time at St. Peter's, but sadly lost touch when we left. I moved away from Yorkshire soon after I married in 1967 and only came back in 2000. It's interesting to see names from my school days. I often wonder how my old classmates have made out in life. Regards Wanda