Off road motocross tracks

checked out the 1 at yorkshire leisure park looks good but dont think its open properly yet. can anyone confirm this thanks.

Just found this on a forum, posted at the end of October:

Just spoke to Tim (Owner) and he said track Closed Until Further Notice as he is awaiting planning permision from Barnsley council.

there are some out doncaster way-not sure where

yes tryed googling found some but i thought i would ask you lot for some help.

and some people were very helpful. thanks

iam 31 now when i was a kid you could get away with riding you bike anywere but now thang have changed so if you pay out a lot of money for a bike its silly risking gettin it crushed so i would sooner pay to ride

iam 31 now when i was a kid you could get away with riding you bike anywere but now thang have changed so if you pay out a lot of money for a bike its silly risking gettin it crushed so i would sooner pay to ride

i wish all bikers were as responsible as you are. bikes are being siezed in westwood but the attitude of the illegal biker is that they dont care about anyones safey by riding in public woods as long as they get their fun .

Well, I finished up driving on the road between Pilley and Howbrook, today, and by coincidence saw a sign for the "Yorkshire Outdoor Leisure Park", just where the road passes under the Stocksbridge Bypass road, and remembered this post. I couldn't remember the number, but Googled it and found this old forum. I don't know what the current situation is.

Sorry, I've just realised that I'd left out the link in my earlier post

http://adrenalintrip.net/yorkshire-outdoor-leisure-park/forum/viewtopic/172/272857?siteid=1

the sherry starting to kick in :hihi::hihi:

Yep. Somebody must have spiked the second bottle.

checked out the 1 at yorkshire leisure park looks good but dont think its open properly yet. can anyone confirm this thanks.

The track at tankersley is owned by my son tim he paid £200.000 for the land whith the sole purpose of giving bikers in the area somewhere to ride legaly and away from the walkers, spent another £20.000 building a track whe had a few test days and it was superb we had the first proper meeting whith saturday being a test day and sunday the race day they came from all over the country and provided there own staff first aid stewards ect we gave them a skip for the rubbish and had a penalty clause that the leave it as they found it the weekend was superb it was family whith moms and dads having a laugh and the last race was by them they had motorhomes b/bq s the lot mc donalds ran out of food they contacted us after asking when the next meeting was and the pubs were full there was no trouble at all.I WAS VERY PROUD OF WHAT HE HAD ACHIEVED Then there was a complaint we had to ask the council for permission before we started this venture they said have a race meeting and see what happens they now want us to apply for planning permission and need £30.000 to apply for permission which they say we may not get so we have pulled the plug for now but have not given up hope its just the money situation at the moment my son rode in westwood for years as a teen and said if he ever had a chance to make a track he would he worked day and night to set this up still the walkers and moaners win. Mr BEEN is joke i dont know why you bother whith this proffesional Mr meldrew/ so we are trying to get somewhere for you bikers out there an we are not the type of people that give in PHILIP

The track at tankersley is owned by my son tim he paid £200.000 for the land whith the sole purpose of giving bikers in the area somewhere to ride legaly and away from the walkers, spent another £20.000 building a track whe had a few test days and it was superb we had the first proper meeting whith saturday being a test day and sunday the race day they came from all over the country and provided there own staff first aid stewards ect we gave them a skip for the rubbish and had a penalty clause that the leave it as they found it the weekend was superb it was family whith moms and dads having a laugh and the last race was by them they had motorhomes b/bq s the lot mc donalds ran out of food they contacted us after asking when the next meeting was and the pubs were full there was no trouble at all.I WAS VERY PROUD OF WHAT HE HAD ACHIEVED Then there was a complaint we had to ask the council for permission before we started this venture they said have a race meeting and see what happens they now want us to apply for planning permission and need £30.000 to apply for permission which they say we may not get so we have pulled the plug for now but have not given up hope its just the money situation at the moment my son rode in westwood for years as a teen and said if he ever had a chance to make a track he would he worked day and night to set this up still the walkers and moaners win. Mr BEEN is joke i dont know why you bother whith this proffesional Mr meldrew/ so we are trying to get somewhere for you bikers out there an we are not the type of people that give in PHILIP

im trying to stop illegal riding in a public woods -westwood. im not against you having a legal track of your own ,but bikers cant be allowed to ignore the law and put the public in danger by riding on footpaths in an area that is popular with local people,just because there is no legal track. until a legal trck is opened the bikes should not be ridden ,and left in garage .