Price of Oil is the highest it's ever been....

Guest rosie

He does not make millions, but I am not going to argue with you about this. He is not the one in Wales making it.

Why ?

Because this is something I do know about and you probably don`t.

So lets keep to the topic please

Originally posted by cgksheff

Even without tax there are problems.

Farming Today this morning was reporting how the price of 'red diesel' had risen 30% in the last 4 months!

This is forcing some farm contractors to the wall and demonstrations are not unlikely.

Hmm. Red diesel costs 24p a litre, so my heart is not exactly bleeding for the farmers - many of whom, I would imagine, are protesting against the same government that grants them huge subsidies to prop up unsustainable business models.

Originally posted by Greenback

Hmm. Red diesel costs 24p a litre, so my heart is not exactly bleeding for the farmers - many of whom, I would imagine, are protesting against the same government that grants them huge subsidies to prop up unsustainable business models.

That's untaxed @ 24p a litre!

Originally posted by Greenback

Red diesel is hardly taxed at all - it's subsidised by the government to the tune of £250million a year.

Fair dinkum, to both of your comments.

But I think this thread is about mass populus being ever-squeezes for money via taxes :rolleyes:

Originally posted by venger

Fair dinkum, to both of your comments.

But I think this thread is about mass populus being ever-squeezes for money via taxes :rolleyes:

True and the fact we shouldn't stand for it anymore.

Unless another solution can be found I think the blockades are our only option at this point.

Originally posted by DaBouncer

True and the fact we shouldn't stand for it anymore.

Unless another solution can be found I think the blockades are our only option at this point.

That would go down so well before a Gen Election :hihi:

Originally posted by venger

That would go down so well before a Gen Election :hihi:

Damn right.

IIRC didn't the people who blockaded the petrol depot's setup a website for support.

Anyone remember what the address might be if there is one, I might drop them an email :suspect:

the thing that gets to me, is that since the tax is %, the higher the fuel prices go the greater the tax that gets taken.

The tax should be set at a monetary value and then adjusted for inflation everyyear. At least that way a 10% increase in oil prices would only amount to a 1.2% in pub prices. And the shortfall of tax wouldn't exist, so no other taxes would need adjusting.

I'm quite happy to see blockades again, and whilst things are being moaned about, why don't the Inland Revenue adjust there limits on what can be claimed back for fuel, it's been fixed for about 3 years now, in which time petrol prices have risen by about 20 or 30 %.

well my opions are.........

where does all the taxed money go??? the take loads in tax on petrol, then uve gotta pay road tax but what for?? isnt it supposed to go 2wards the up keep of britains roads? so why are there so many dodgy roads? pot holes ect?

and if the government are charging high taxes to get people on to publice transport its not work because buses are putting up their fares because of it which puts people off using them neway?

either way sumthing has to be dun about it but i dont agree with the blockades as my fella is a hgv driver n if theres no fuel he doesnt have a job and we will lose everything!

neway we wont have this problem soon because when the oil runs out there'll be none to tax! and as hydrogen cars have already been invented and are being used in some places oil will be a thing of the past sonner or later.