Facebook Snobbery

I had a boyfriend who was eager to become a FB couple to make it 'official'

Scozzie is in a relationship with <name>.

Trouble with that is, you have to tell everyone you (hardly) know when it all goes manky.... :P

I hate facebook, having to put pictures up so everyone can snoop and leave messages so everyone knows how popular you are? bag of poop. Only reason I have it is because all my mates have gone to uni in different cities and it's easy for us all to keep in touch.

I hate social networking sites altogether, and don't see what all the fuss is about with them.

OK I have accounts on both Facebook and Myspace, but I VERY rarely, if ever, use them, and wouldn't care if they closed my accounts due to lack of activity.

My phone doesn't ring much,

no one writes on my wall.

Anyone would think I have no friends at all.....

until you saw my inbox.

Most of my friend keep in contact with me through PMing me on various forums, Msn, instant chat on FB and through my inbox also on Facebook.

I think I'm blessed with having friends that have deeper things to say than the bubblegum that gets stuck on most FB walls, but I have just been 'informed' that it is obvious that I have no 'real' friends, otherwise my wall would be full...... like theirs.

I think I have some friends at both ends of the spectrum.

has anyone else encountered snobbery on Facebook or any other SNS?

What utter rubbish. I have a fair few people on mine but barely speak to many people on it. It means nothing some people prefer to chat other then through facebook.