Sheffield's nightclubs - do you remember...?

Came across this thread by chance, after doing a search for the Penthouse Nightclub.

Memories, memories. I was trying to find out just exactly what year Hendrix played the City Hall Sheffield, I know he also played the Mojo the same year. The Penthouse was one of the places we used to go many moons ago!!! Been great fun reading all the replies, and brought back many good memories. Hendrix played in 1967 I believe, I was just a slip of a lass then still at school............... ahhh the memories :-)

does anyone remember Tiny Tim?

:hihi: tiptoe through the tulips:hihi:

Saw Jimmy Ruffin at the Fiesta and the four tops aslo that hypnotist (can't remember his name). We used to get free tickets from my friends sister.

We used to go to 'Baileys' quite a bit in the 70's

Before we started going into town, we'd go to the Heartbeat (now Stars and Mayfair) on a tuesday night and when we got in half the school was there. Remember 'Mighty Atom' ?

Fannys at Owler Bar.

Classy place around 1980...now a Brewers Fayre !

Remember getting snowed-in on Xmas Eve 1980

Fannys at Owler Bar.

Classy place around 1980...now a Brewers Fayre !

Remember getting snowed-in on Xmas Eve 1980

They filmed tizwas there once.

Does anyone remember going to the night club at the Wednesday ground in the 70s.

Met my husband in there who is one of the keenest Blades fans you'll ever meet. He still says Wednesday have a lot to answer for!

Do you remember Reg, Barry and big Don they worked the door?

there will never be a club like the mojo pitty pete has turned into a pratt

Do you remember Reg, Barry and big Don they worked the door?

I remember Barry,he went to Chaucer school,he had an older brother who was on the doors at roxys,charlie was his name,the club was called Stands,then Christies,being a blade,it used to kill me to go,but go i did,every friday & saturday night until it closed down.

Amazing eh!

Many years have past and I can still remember seeing Les Dawson at Club Fiesta in around 1971/1972! Club Fiesta, the biggest club in Europe with nothing in the way to stop you seeing the stage. If I recall those days 'artistes' used to have restrictions on drinks being served whilst they performed? Even had my 1st pint of bitter at the pub at the end of Pond Street (Fitzallen Square end).

Hehe, I even had a 'Bailey's' membership card and anyone remember the (grotty) Penthouse Suite - they always said it seldom got cleaned which is why the lights were always so dimmed.

Then there's was Samatha's disco on Queens's Road (part of the Mecca entertainments suite). Now I feel old! LOL

Michael

I was drinking in town with my mates from around 1971 to 1977 and I remember the 'Rank' (didnt it become Steelys?) - had some really great Saturday Nights..

The Penthouse in Dixon Lane was brill - I think a guy called Mick Castledean used to be the bouncer....

The Fives Ways does anyone remember this place ? - it was a Motel out through Dore ! you had to get there by car/taxi.. so there was never any trouble ....

At the Limit - I saw The B52's and INXS

And of course the Nelson - and the Buccaneer to of the greatest pubs and had the greatest music in town ........

Those were the days !!!!

Wasnt there topless go-go dancers at the Black Swan in Snig Hill on Saturday lunch times ?

I was drinking in town with my mates from around 1971 to 1977 and I remember the 'Rank' (didnt it become Steelys?) - had some really great Saturday Nights..

The Penthouse in Dixon Lane was brill - I think a guy called Mick Castledean used to be the bouncer....

The Fives Ways does anyone remember this place ? - it was a Motel out through Dore ! you had to get there by car/taxi.. so there was never any trouble ....

At the Limit - I saw The B52's and INXS

And of course the Nelson - and the Buccaneer to of the greatest pubs and had the greatest music in town ........

Those were the days !!!!

mick castledine,yeah,thats right,lived on the parson cross estate,bit of a bully too,last time i heard of him,he was working at the golden ball in town,i think he worked at rebels too.