Broken Glass in Children's Playground (Mount Pleasant, London Rd)

What type of scumbag breaks bottles and leaves all the glass scattered all over the floor of the kid's playground?

Without fail, if I go to Mount Pleasant playground first thing on a Sunday morning with the kids we get the same thing - shards of glass everywhere, dog turds, half drunk beer cans dumped, half eaten KFC smeared into the roundabout seats and flem and saliva all over the floor and on the slides. This is in addition to people letting their pitballs chew all the swing seats to bits (literally an inch of rubber left on most of the swings) and the various profanities scribbled all over the climbing frame.

A couple of weeks ago someone had put a dog turd at the top of the slide (I assume it was from a dog, but you never know).

It's one thing people showing no respect for general public places, but this place is used only by small children. Why would anyone think this behaviour was a good idea? It makes me want to cry to think of what could happen to any kid falling on the glass or putting their hands in the dog mess accidentally.

Is there no solution to this? Can they not mount CCTV on this place at night - it must be the same scum doing this week in and week out. Or at least have the council hire a warden to come round each morning to clean up?

Have you told the council about the mess and asked them to clean it up???

Of course we've informed the council - not just me, but many other I talk to. We also clean up as much as we can ourselves, but if anyone has any advice on how to get something more permanent done about this, I'd be happy to pursue this further.

Speak to the local policing team for that area and raise your concerns. If it's a regular problem then it shouldn't be too hard to get some sort of extra attention to that area added.

Be careful when clearing this stuff up yourself though. You can get some nasty contaminated items littered about and I'm not just talking about needles. You'd be best to leave the removal of hazardous stuff to the council, just call them when you spot it and point out that it's in a childrens play area and needs cleaning up asap before something bad happens.

What type of scumbag breaks bottles and leaves all the glass scattered all over the floor of the kid's playground?
Mount Pleasant Park is in a rather average area of town... I'm not surprised the slides and wotnot aren't broken more often.

Lots of terrace houses, student flats, kebab shops; weed smoking, firework lighting, nothing surprising though inacceptable.