The Peacock Owler Bar

Jeba

i went for sunday lunch last weekend and it was great. i had tomato soup to start, beef sunday lunch, and chocolate fudge cake for dessert :)

it was fantastic for pub grub, way higher than the usual standard, and the staff were lovely

when we first started going to the peacock it used to be top notch, we hadnt been for a bit and thinking that it was still good we used it for the meal after the christening of our kids and they basically stuck our party in a small cupboard type room where we had to stand up every time anybody wanted to go past the food was dreadful mass produced fair, we used it once after thinking they had had an off day and it was dire and we wont ever be returning

mmm... this is quite interesting because i really enjoyed it, to the point where i was planning on taking my parents next week for their wedding anniversary. now you've got me thinking whether we just had a one off good day :huh:

mmm... this is quite interesting because i really enjoyed it, to the point where i was planning on taking my parents next week for their wedding anniversary. now you've got me thinking whether we just had a one off good day :huh:

the damhouse is a lot better food than the peacock we have found and its cheaper

the damhouse is a lot better food than the peacock we have found and its cheaper

just had a look on their web site. it looks nice, but it doesn't appear to have that old world pub feel to it (which we like)

i'll definitely give it a go one day though cos we eat out quite often :hihi:

just had a look on their web site. it looks nice, but it doesn't appear to have that old world pub feel to it (which we like)

i'll definitely give it a go one day though cos we eat out quite often :hihi:

the waitress makes up for that though she is a babe

Will explain my review. Me and hubby ordered tomatoe and basil soup - when it came it was french onion, hubby doesn't like it and when I tasted it it was awful - we had not been asked if the change was ok. We sent it back.

I had the bombadier steak and ale pie but where was the steak cos I couldn't find it. The chocolate gateau was ok but what can be difficult in opening a box and taking it out.

As for the waiting staff - the ones we had were surly to say the least.

We went to the Crispin Inn at Great Longstone a few weeks ago and it was far better

Been tonight for a special occasion and it was rubbish - the food wasn't good and neither was the service:gag:

We were there that night for my dads birthday and food and service were fine! Just shows you can't please everybody can you...

I think you are expecting too much - it's just a crappy chain pub with frozen food and microwave stuff so why the fuss?

If you appreciate good food you should have gone somewhere else in the first place. It's a bit like going to McDonald's and complaining that the beef in the burgers isn't top quality or that they don't serve proper chips.

There's no excuse for bad service though, I'll give you that.

Hmm, is it a chain pub? I honestly don't have a clue, but i thought most 'country pubs' served homemade food - am i naive? I used to eat at the Grouse pub and i'm sure that was cooked from scratch on the premises.