Home information packs

can anyone recommend a company to provide me with a hips pack, searching the internet i've found they can cost between £250-£300. how do i find if the companies advertised are genuine.

thank you very much for your help, i will contact them tomorrow.

i used 1stopHIPshop, £249 including VAT. Good service from Andrew Mcgowan i think his name was. he's on yell . com

Guest KettyKrueger

I'm just about to market my house and have seen 1stopHIPshop. Are they any good?

I'm just about to market my house and have seen 1stopHIPshop. Are they any good?

Yes, we thought so! We just contacted Andrew and he came round and sorted it all out for us. Very straight forward indeed.:)

One thing with HIP companies that you should ask is if they are members of the Association of Home Information Pack Providers. Through this if there is a problem with the HIP and information is found to be false then there is a redress scheme. If the HIP provider is not part of this then the highest you can go with your complaint is the HIP provider and not a national organisation in place to deal with these complaints.