Morrisons Hillborough...staff behaviour

Trundling round Morrisons this morning it was not very busy so I was quite happy...until I went over to the area at the back of the store where the car cleaning / accessories products are displayed. A member of staff was busily cleaning away at some plastic shield protecting the walls around the dor to the stock room areas. He was spraying away and rubbing and cleaning. All very conscientious I thought. Having completed this task he put the top on the spray cleaner and placed it on the display....it was car dash cleaner and he had used a large amount cleaning the store...........it has put me off buying anything from this store that can be tampered with....how do you know its not been half used before you buy!!!!

I also find it pretty disgusting that when you drive into the carpark there are always about 6 members of staff sat around smoking in that trolley park just before you go into the covered car parking area! When i used to work in a supermarket you weren't allowed to be seen smoking. I think it's disgusting to see the deli worker/ fresh produce handler smoking fags out there in thier uniforms! I used to shop at Msons but I think it's really horrible now hence why I go to Lidl! Cheaper, quicker, better!

I also find it pretty disgusting that when you drive into the carpark there are always about 6 members of staff sat around smoking in that trolley park just before you go into the covered car parking area! When i used to work in a supermarket you weren't allowed to be seen smoking. I think it's disgusting to see the deli worker/ fresh produce handler smoking fags out there in thier uniforms! I used to shop at Msons but I think it's really horrible now hence why I go to Lidl! Cheaper, quicker, better!

Whats so disgusting about them smoking in their uniform?

My bold. If you werent allowed to be seen it doesnt mean people didnt smoke in their uniforms. I doubt the Lidl workers dont also smoke in their uniforms.

well that the uniform then comes into contact with the food. It's basic health and hygiene. Chefs aren't allowed to wear their whites out of the kitchen for the same reason!

Basic health and food hygiene needs to come into play but Im not sure of the dangers from someone handling food who has a fag 10 minutes ago stood in their uniform. Do food workers change clothes before going to the loo to ensure its not contaminated????

I take it you do not use the Darnall Lidl, where the staff run off in between customers to go and have a cigarette in the doorway of the store telling the next customer "be with you in a minute"

I would have complained if I thought it would have made a difference but after hearing a manager being off hand to a member of staff the lack of motivation does not surprise me! I think I'll stick with Asda.

Trundling round Morrisons this morning it was not very busy so I was quite happy...until I went over to the area at the back of the store where the car cleaning / accessories products are displayed. A member of staff was busily cleaning away at some plastic shield protecting the walls around the dor to the stock room areas. He was spraying away and rubbing and cleaning. All very conscientious I thought. Having completed this task he put the top on the spray cleaner and placed it on the display....it was car dash cleaner and he had used a large amount cleaning the store...........it has put me off buying anything from this store that can be tampered with....how do you know its not been half used before you buy!!!!

I take it he didn't put a half price sticker on it then?