People from Yorkshire

Originally posted by Abby

I was hoping you'd agree with me. Or are we still not speaking ;)

---------------

Liverpool males are all of the above, but ugly to boot. Shaven heads, sticking-out ears, all identically dressed in Rockport shellsuits with their paisley socks tucked over their trouser bottoms...need I go on, Miss X ?

So where exactly in Liverpool did you live? I think it must have been some time ago or maybe you just had a bad experience there

Now hold on just a minute maxt!

If you've lived in Liverpool for any length of time, then by all means slag it off. But if your only contact with Liverpool is either getting beaten by them at football or watching Brookside, then be careful!

You do me an injustice Abby. I have visited L'pool, I don't follow football and I certainly don't watch Brookside.

Maybe I did them an injustice and they may be cultural by 2008. I apologise and will give them the benefit of the doubt until then.

OUCH!!!! ....I don't mean to get anyones back up, just want some lively discussion. I go out with a lovely Yorkshire "pudding" (thats what I call the men in Yorkshire;) and I met him up in Newcastle. when I lived in Liverpool I met some very nice looking men the one that comes to mind was an ex marine called Paul...he was deliciously lovely

Originally posted by Party Boy

So where exactly in Liverpool did you live? I think it must have been some time ago or maybe you just had a bad experience there

Matey, between March 1989 (just before Hillsborough) and May 1992 I lived in Kensington. Between June 1992 and December 1999, I lived in Stoneycroft.

Living in Kensington was Hell, Stoneycroft was substantially better, but the city is full of racist, violent, thuggish, thick, scally thugs wherever you go - have you never been to Liverpool town centre?

... As to there being nothing to do, would that be why Liverpool was voted city of culture?

Aye pal, Glasgow was voted that fifteen years ago...

Living in Kensington was Hell, Stoneycroft was substantially better, but the city is full of racist, violent, thuggish, thick, scally thugs wherever you go - have you never been to Liverpool town centre?

Funnily enough yes I have been to the town centre - I lived in Liverpool for 20 years. Kensington and Stoneycroft aren't the best of areas but to say the city is full of racist.....thugs is a bit harsh. I've been disgusted at the racism I've witnessed since moving to Sheffield - think a lot of people here still have the Yorkshire village mentality. Liverpool has a long history of multicultural diversity which, in my opinion, is why the people there are a lot more tollerant

Originally posted by Zamo

My brother has lived in L'pool for 18 months now and still can't get over the fact that girls there wear next to nothing all year round. I think this is the secret of their success.

You're right their Pal.

The colder it gets, the less Liverpool girls wear! They even go to Tesco's at night wearing nearly nowt!

Funnily enough yes I have been to the town centre - I lived in Liverpool for 20 years. Kensington and Stoneycroft aren't the best of areas but to say the city is full of racist.....thugs is a bit harsh. I've been disgusted at the racism I've witnessed since moving to Sheffield - think a lot of people here still have the Yorkshire village mentality. Liverpool has a long history of multicultural diversity which, in my opinion, is why the people there are a lot more tollerant

Which areas of Liverpool did you live in?

I agree, with you there is a lot of racism in Yorkshire I work with a few people who are extremely narrow minded and have some pretty right wing attitudes

Which areas of Liverpool did you live in?

Woolton Village and then the Albert Dock