Rib muscle injury, how long does the pain last?

Ouch! I tore a muscle on my ribs once through coughing. I was pregnant with no2 child and had a terrible cough that lasted a good couple of months. The pain from the torn muscle lasted even longer and I couldn't take anything strong to kill the pain. I thought I'd actually broken a rib, the pain was that bad. Every cough or movement was agony, and with a 3 year old and a bump, 'uncomfortable' was an understatement!

Hope you recover quickly! :(

Yes, I have got that feeling of being punched in the chest Mathom, every time I make a sudden movement I get it, unfortunately it's usually accompanied by a few words that turn the air blue, I can't help it and think the neighbours must think that I have finally lost it. I have never had pain like this before, the pain killers don't seem to be much help, so tonight I am going to try alcohol as an analgesic and take plenty of it! Knowing my luck I will probably go and fall down stairs and damage the other ribs.

Thanks.

Which means you need to sit in one place and have someone bring you the alcohol :D

Which means you need to sit in one place and have someone bring you the alcohol :D

Now that does sound good Becky B!

Should the person who brings the alcohol also go out and buy it for me? Not that I want to push my luck:hihi: