English bull terrier, training

Hi all,

Iv got a new dog he`s only 4 month old and i am wanting to take him to training classes, but iv heard alot of trainers wont help much with the bulls, i was going to go to the one on Halifax road tonight but not able to make it, plus the puppy training starts tonight.

Can anyone give me any advise on good training classes. thank you

have you read the multitude of threads already started and answered on this topic?

it's always best to go along and watch the first time you attend - preferably without your dog. There are classes which don't treat dogs very well, and it's better to find out by watching their methods than pitching you and your dog in at the deep end!

Hello LoobyLoo9, i,ve got an English Bull Terrier he's 2 1/2 now but when he was a puppy i took him to a training class that was held on Mansfield Road at Intake. It was quite a basic puppy training class but the main thing i went for was for socialization which was really good - because of that he has always been great around other dogs. You will need the patience of a saint they can be very stubborn to train, well worth it though!

Diane x

Thank you dirend, we have only had im 5 weeks and he`s learnt alot already, im wanting to get used to other dogs, he needs something more his size because he is so big already.