Sign in to follow this  

Women-does anyone have the contraceptive implant fitted?

Having being on the contraceptive injection for 3 years, i have been advised to have the contraceptive implant? does anyone on here have it? or know someone whos had it.

im so used to my injection so im a bit wary of changing but it has to be done. Thanks in advance.

Hello.

I've had the implant for nearly 5 years now. I'm having it taken out in may when it runs out. I've been fine with it, no problems at all. It hurt a little bit when it was first put it but i can hardly feel it now. I'm not looking forward to having it taken out though as i've heard this can hurt a lot! I would recommend it to anyone. If you've got any specific questions, ask away.

Zip.

i don't normally discuss these things on the first date! :) but I totally agree with everything ZIPPYZ said. Had mine replaced not so long ago and if you really relax it isn't as bad as having it put in at all.

I had an implant put in several years ago. It didn't hurt at all. All was fine for about a year then I started to have weirdly long periods and so had to have it taken out. That didn't hurt either by the way. I think if you are fine on the injections you'll be fine with the implant. Oh, and it is great not to have to remember to go to the doctors for injections every 3 months...

thanks everyone, thats made me feel a little bit better! fingers crossed it'll be ok for me too then! cheers x