TESCO - Computers for schools vouchers... Please may I have your spare/ unwanted

It's that time of year again where Tesco rewards it's shoppers with those little (blue) vouchers that schools are able to get extra computer equipment with.

I appeal regularly & the responses are always fantastic, thankyou everyone.

As some of you know my lad attends a Special Needs school in the Rotherham area.

It's a small school that does exceptional work - with teaching staff & teaching assistants that are dedicated hard working and just... well superb.

Unfortunately it is a small school & the catchment area has more Aldi & Lidle supermarkets than it does a Tesco. The area is classed as a deprived area too.

My request is that if you yourself don't normally say yes to vouchers for petrol or shopping - would you please for this promotion?

I will PM the school's postal address to anyone who wants to help me so they can be sent directly to the school for the cost of a second class stamp.

This cuts out the potential of any being lost in transit on the school-bus.

Just to add, this is from Tescos website

The Computers for Schools scheme enables UK schools to redeem vouchers from Tesco purchases for computers and other school equipment. We've made the process even easier this year by allowing you to create your order form online.

How to take part

All schools in the UK can take part in the scheme - nursery, infant, primary, junior, middle, secondary and special needs.

Orders for equipment must be received by Friday 4th July 2008.

Any vouchers received after this date will be banked for use in 2009. The final date for banking vouchers is Friday 19th September 2008. No further vouchers can be accepted after this date.

Collecting vouchers

One voucher is given for every £10 spent in Tesco stores and petrol filling stations in a single transaction (excluding purchases from Concessions, Tobacco Kiosk, prescription medicines, infant formulae or the sale of National Lottery tickets and scratch cards).

One voucher is given for every £5 spent in Tesco Express stores (subject to the above exclusions).

For every working phone your school sends in, they will be given 30 vouchers, and 5 for a non-working phone.

For every empty inkjet cartridge you send in that can be recycled, you will be given 10 Computers for Schools vouchers.

For all information about mobile phone recycling, please visit the mobile phone recycling website.

Customers then donate their vouchers to schools, who exchange the vouchers for free computer equipment.

I think last time the school received somewhere around 4000+

Out of this we sent in almost 2000 from friends, family & collegues.

Probably the bulk of the rest was from felow forummers! :love::love::love:

Mind you when you compre it with the 100,000+ that a comprehensive can accrue it's a good effort indeed!

Thanks everyone in anticipation! XxX DK

Can you pm me the postal address please, I have some pinned to my notice board when I get a few more I`ll send em in for you mate:D

Thanks for that, It`ll give me an excuse to buy their buns and goodies:D

It's a refreshing change, to hear someone speak so highly of their child's school these days. If anyone wishes to help, I suggest when you're next at Tesco and looking for which queue to join, pick the one so you're behind the young couple and no child, with a trolley full of luxuries, organic food and plenty of wines. It works 99 percent of the time, as usually they don't have any children yet (hence being able to afford to splash out so much!) and then when the cashier asks if they want their vouchers, they'll often turn round and ask the person behind them. I've had loads that way.

Excellent tip Diva! :wow:

I could do with buying my weekly shopping in small bits & keep joining the queue over & over :hihi: Do you think I'd get rumbled? :blush:

Thank you Lyndix too, :) :) :)

Excellent tip Diva! :wow:

I could do with buying my weekly shopping in small bits & keep joining the queue over & over :hihi: Do you think I'd get rumbled? :blush:

Not at all. If you know any long distance lorry drivers who fill up at Tesco, might be worth a try too. - It might be worth doing a quick search for any firm local to the school - you'd get loads that way.

I sent a load to a School in Rotherham last year, I'll see if Mum's got any to forward.

Not at all. If you know any long distance lorry drivers who fill up at Tesco, might be worth a try too. - It might be worth doing a quick search for any firm local to the school - you'd get loads that way.

:o Another winner!! :thumbsup: Chars! :D

I sent a load to a School in Rotherham last year, I'll see if Mum's got any to forward.

Yes, thanks Rich - it will have been this one :thumbsup:

I'll send you mine and ask the family for theirs.... I'll pm you when I get a wad together. :thumbsup:

Do you want Sainsburys ones as well?

I'll send you mine and ask the family for theirs.... I'll pm you when I get a wad together. :thumbsup:

Do you want Sainsburys ones as well?

Cheers mate - not sure about the Sainsburies ones; will have to check & get back to you :thumbsup:

Hi - in our decluttering efforts, I found a pile of these vouchers from a year or two ago that we collected to give to my brother-in-law's school, but never sent as we missed the deadline. Do you know if the school can still use them? I think they're either pink or orange...

If so, I'll send them with some from this year too! :)