Hammerton rd police station to close?

I've just emailed Angela Smith MP in protest of the closure, if she gets back to me I'll post what she says.

Yes I know I don't live in the Hillsborough Ward but my family does.

Actually if we go by wards Burngreave is the largest not Hillsborough, with a population of 23,900 according to the last census, not sure if they have a local police station though :huh:

They don't, they could probably do with one though, apparently it's a bit rough up there.

I've just emailed Angela Smith MP in protest of the closure, if she gets back to me I'll post what she says.

Yes I know I don't live in the Hillsborough Ward but my family does.

well said rich

i think we all should maybe get on to angela smith and protest against this closure!!

No decisions have been made yet:

quote the chief constable-

"Any specific closures in the future will be consulted on with the local community."

I remember one Saturday way back in the early 80s, I was in Hillsborough with my Nan and found an empty wallet lying on the ground outside the Natwest Bank above the Co Op, ,much to Nan's protest I insisted on handing it in at Hammerton Road cop shop! They were very good and praised me for handing it in and said they'd look into tracing its owner.

Hamerton Road is closing, but the responce teams will work out of Ecclesfield nick. Ecclesfield is a newer station and is better equipped as a responce base. Don't worry, there is a reallignment occuring at the moment and all area's will be covered by the police. The reallignment is actually being put in place to try and reduce responce times. So the closure of Hammerton Road is not necessarily a bad thing. Best thing to do is hang fire and see what the results are. The reallignment should be in place from end of march.

Hammerton Road is actually a 24 hour response police station. By that I mean officers work from there 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Yes there is a change to the police response bases in the next few weeks but there will still be officers working from Hammerton Road 24 hours a day.

Incidentally officers will also be based at Moss Way, Woodseats, Attercliffe, West Bar, Eccelsfield and Hammerton Road.

Where's there another cop shop in S6 though? The next closest one to Hillsborough that isn't set for the chop is the HQ on Snig Hill.

Not a designated Police station for public enquiries, you would have to go to Attercliffe or Ecclesfield.

Not a designated Police station for public enquiries, you would have to go to Attercliffe or Ecclesfield.

Correct that HQ is not designated for that, but West Bar shall be open for a while yet, I can assure you. The 'powers that be' are currently looking for alternative premises, but to put it politely, seem to have missed the boat regarding affordable premises in suitable locations City Centre-ish.

well said rich

i think we all should maybe get on to angela smith and protest against this closure!!

already e mailed her.You have to be part of her constituency though (check on her website..goggle angela smith mp). We should start let feelings be known now.

Yes no definite decision has been made yet,but it is being considered,and by the time the public are consulted we all know we'll be a long way down the road and maybe too late

Are there any old police stations left in Sheff? Know they refurbed Woodseats which was a good thing as it was a flea pit. Mossway, Attercliffe and Ecclesfield are all purpose built newish stations.