I'm searching for relatives of Kathleen Malone

RoseHadi

I am searching on behalf of my mother, Patricia Hadi(nee Malone)s for a sister she has not seen since teenagehood. Her sisters name is Kathleen Malone and she married Robert Murphy. We know that she had at least one son named Daniel and her last known Sheffield address was in Nether Edge. Kathleen will be around 79-80 years old. she is one of 9 sisters and two brothers. Most of the sibblings have passed away leaving my mother, Mona, Mary, Joseph, Irene and hopefully Kathleen. It may be that she moved away from Sheffield but if anyone knows where she is please respond.

• 3 months later...

My partner remembers a Kathleen Malone who lived near him as he was growing up. She lived in a house at the bottom of Meersbrook Avenue S8 no 1,3 or 2 at its junction with Chesterfield Road. He can't remember any relatives but she was living there when he moved to the area in 1965. As far as he knows unless she has passed away she should still be living there. The age given is about right as well. We hope this information is useful. Good luck with your search.

The "UK-Info Disk" can be useful for tracing friends and relatives, as it lists most of the people on the electoral rolls and is searchable. I checked the lists for 2003 and 2004 (the latest available) but did not find a Kathleen & Robert Murphy in Sheffield. There were three Kathleen Murphys and three Robert Murphys but none sharing an address - likewise none of the five Daniel Malones in Sheffield shared an address with a Kathleen or Robert.

I could attempt a national search for Kathleen/Robert but there are over 500 Kathleen Murphys and over 700 Robert Murphys. If Kathleen and/or Robert had (?) a middle name this would narrow down the search.

I also checked the Public Record Office deaths index for 1984-2006. There was a Kathleen Murphy, born 1 March 1914, who died in Sheffield in February 1999, but of course she would now have been 94. Checking likely birth entries I found a Kathleen Malone born in Sheffield in Oct.-Dec. 1926, which of course would make her now 81. If "your" Kathleen’s mother’s maiden name was Taylor, then this will be the right Kathleen. The bad news would be that this Kathleen had no middle name, which would make a national search for her very difficult.

Best of luck with your quest!

The "UK-Info Disk" can be useful for tracing friends and relatives, as it lists most of the people on the electoral rolls and is searchable. I checked the lists for 2003 and 2004 (the latest available) but did not find a Kathleen & Robert Murphy in Sheffield. There were three Kathleen Murphys and three Robert Murphys but none sharing an address - likewise none of the five Daniel Malones in Sheffield shared an address with a Kathleen or Robert.

I could attempt a national search for Kathleen/Robert but there are over 500 Kathleen Murphys and over 700 Robert Murphys. If Kathleen and/or Robert had (?) a middle name this would narrow down the search.

I also checked the Public Record Office deaths index for 1984-2006. There was a Kathleen Murphy, born 1 March 1914, who died in Sheffield in February 1999, but of course she would now have been 94. Checking likely birth entries I found a Kathleen Malone born in Sheffield in Oct.-Dec. 1926, which of course would make her now 81. If "your" Kathleen’s mother’s maiden name was Taylor, then this will be the right Kathleen. The bad news would be that this Kathleen had no middle name, which would make a national search for her very difficult.

Best of luck with your quest!

Do you have a link for this site ?

Im trying to trace someone but the only details I have are 40 years old.

My partner remembers a Kathleen Malone who lived near him as he was growing up. She lived in a house at the bottom of Meersbrook Avenue S8 no 1,3 or 2 at its junction with Chesterfield Road. He can't remember any relatives but she was living there when he moved to the area in 1965. As far as he knows unless she has passed away she should still be living there. The age given is about right as well. We hope this information is useful. Good luck with your search.

That Kathleen Malone is my cousin and Im sure she didnt marry, she had a brothers called Victor and James her Mum and Dad were called William and Ethel and they had a Greengrocers shop on Woodseats Rd. Her brother Victor and herself sold the house on Meersbrook Ave and bought a new one not to far away. Both of her parents have passed away and I believe Jimmy did get married.