Malin Bridge Primary school

Mrs Preece was my school teacher in the late 60s,to be honest i was always in trouble with her for one reason or another,just dont think she liked me

Mrs Preece was my school teacher in the late 60s,to be honest i was always in trouble with her for one reason or another,just dont think she liked me

My brother was in Mrs Preece's class in 1954-55 and he thinks she didn't like him, either! At that time she and Lewis Hawley took 3A and 4A alternately - they would each have the same children for two consecutive years. Mrs Preece's daughter Margaret was in 3A and 4A with me. Stella Preece died in 2001, aged 83.

Thx for the pictures hillsbro. Any others you have will also be of interest. I will be switching the site soon to a bigger host so I will be able to put more pictures on there...

Here is the 1959 class 4A photo http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u219/twigmore/4A1959.jpg

The above links for this photo and the 1954 staff photo should also work again now!

does anyone know when they stopped doing the class photos,as i cant remember having any took,and certainley never bought one if we did,i have single photos of myself taken at malin bridge,and it would have been good to look back on,wether my mum just couldnt afford to buy themn at the time i doint know

Went to malin bridge ( god i cant remember well i,m 44 so try to figure it out ) , the teachers i remember are miss lodge , mr porter , mrs tzinsky ( prob spelt wrong ) , oh happy days when the boys and girls had separate play grounds , and as a show of defiance at the end of the year , all the boys used to gather in the shed in the boys side and run into the girls side .