Council Neighbourhood Wardens

R.a.n.d i bet you want to be a PCSO or a Warden don't you.

I think they're brilliant. When my car was broken into at Longley, they traced me, called the police for me and stayed with the car to ensure it was secure, and then made sure I was safe and could get my window fixed before moving on. No they can't arrest people but they do get to know people, they gather intelligence and pass that on to the police. If you think your wardens aren't responding then let Sheffield Homes know. It's like all jobs, some people do it better than others so let them know so they can sort it out.

Why don't they carry a camera/video cam to record incidents or gather evidence of vandalism.

they do carry cameras and videos but it is not that simple they are not alowed to just video people, there are certain laws in place that only allow you to video under certain circumstances its very complicated due to data protection and human rights and all the rest of the pc stuff that goes on these days.I was a safety warden for quite a while they do a good job most of the time but its not easy dealing with all the anti social bahaviour that is out on the streets and there is only so much you can do, I must say we had a certain amount of success though....

yeah bit like that but they have no powers they all so like hideing in the city road grave yard with the south yorkshire community police who too have no powers to do any thing just pick on car owners fo haveing a back light out. plz dont post a reply saying i am wrong as im not i see them every day and night when walking the dog there getting paid for doing nowt brill in it i sleep better at night i hear you all saying well no they finish at 5.30 every night in this area for there safety.
i used to finish at 10 pm working w/ends as well and as put in my other post we had a certain amount of success i and my collegues were never hiding anywhere it would be very difficult as we filled a log in that told were we were at all times,also the vehicles we used had trackers on.We got payed a reasonable wage and did a reasonable job all over sheffield dealing with anti social behaviour and ime sure if you ring sheffield homes and asked them to put you on to some of the elderly and vulnerable people we helped you might see things a little differently

i used to finish at 10 pm working w/ends as well and as put in my other post we had a certain amount of success i and my collegues were never hiding anywhere it would be very difficult as we filled a log in that told were we were at all times,also the vehicles we used had trackers on.We got payed a reasonable wage and did a reasonable job all over sheffield dealing with anti social behaviour and ime sure if you ring sheffield homes and asked them to put you on to some of the elderly and vulnerable people we helped you might see things a little differently

I have an interview on monday for the North area community warden...

saw a couple round here, (lower Arbourthorne), last night well more like early evening around 7pm as we took the dogs out... pity they can't be around @ 10pm etc... when the kids come out! ;)

most of the trouble we have is late at night....:(

madowl if you want a few tips before interview pm me would be glad to help

just bein nosey but how did interview go??