IPhone, is it useless before signing contract with O2?

skyfitsboy

Have a look at that. this is going to be the best damn phone ever made! i like the guys smile at the end, he knows this is going to kill every thing else on the market!

Actually, no. Raw hardware features are useless without good software / UI design, and it's hard to argue that the iphone fails at that. Go to the apple store@meadowhell, they've got lots of demo units to play with.

HTC... you can do much more with them

Agreed, yes. However there's a substantial (free) software update due in June which will officially enable 3rd party apps, plus a bunch of enhancements to make it more business-friendly. Based on the level of developer interest it looks like there's going to be a *lot* of applications to choose from.

Well, it has to be said. I love my iPhone!

Before switching to the iPhone I had an SPV M600 on Orange that I was very happy with and when I first switched I was a bit unsure, but now I've got to grips with it I love it, I find it easier to use than the M600, I find the features better too, and I got rid of two devices (iPod Nano and M600) for one sleek looking device. I do agree with some people regarding memory but my Nano was only 4Gb the iPhone is 8Gb, and I'm not using all of it, I have full dvd's on it, many albums, and videos etc but for me as I use it for my work the calendar is excellent, I love the fact I can view in list mode, as well as day, week and month. The email facility is far easier to do than on the M600, I never did get it working on that but I didn't have to do anything other than plug it in to my Mac to get it working on the iPhone. The text messaging is great, I love the way it has both sides of the texting in one conversation screen, there are many things that are good and there are things that some feel are bad as with anything like this, it will suit some but not others, best thing to do is get in to the Apple shop in Meadowhall and have a play to see if suits your needs and wants. It suits mine and when the 3rd party apps start appearing it will be a formidable device.

As for the 18 month contract that didn't bother me as I had the M600 on Orange for well over that anyway and the 600 minutes a month is more than enough for me.

Have a look, have a play and make your own mind up.