Are you a born and bred Sheffielder, or an adopted Sheffielder?

I'm adopted, came in 89 as a student and never went back to .... Essex :blush: Yes I'm an Essex girl but fortunately have lost the accent. Also spent a year living in France.

Yes I'm an Essex girl
It's scary how embarrassed we get about it :help:

I was born & bred in Essex ( I am NOT going to cringe now!) & have lived in Leicestershire, Devon & North Yorks. I moved to Sheffield 2 years ago - I've decided it's my spiritual home. I'm sure I was meant to be born here & not in Essex :P

I was born in sheffield,lived here till I was about 6 them moved to gateshead, houghton-le-spring , congleton in cheshire and salford in manchester then when I was nine I moved back to sheffield.

I must say that where ever I was I allways bitterly missed my home town and was really glad to be back (my parents divorced and my mom took to running pubs ) theres just nowhere like sheffield where you can just drive for a while and hit the countryside

born and bred in sheffield, manor for 21 years then norfolk park,stannington,southey green then back to norfolk park for the last 20 years

Born Sarf Landan then moved with parents to Portsmouth, Nottingham and then Sheffield when I was 3 years old.

So, formative years spent in Sheffield until 18 when i moved to Carlisle for a couple of years, then back to Sheffield and in 1999 back down to London.

Can't wait to get back home though. I think moving around the UK has made me appreciate Sheffield more.

M

Adopted Sheffielder...

Born in Liverpool, grew up in rural lancashire moving to Sheffield when I was doing my A levels. Returned to Sheffield after Uni before wandering the country working in a variety of locales.

As soon as I got my current job which allowed me to live where ever I wished I moved back to Sheffield.

Top City.

I was born in Preston, and brought up in Blackpool. Lived in Sheffield for two years :clap::razz:

born in northern general hospital in 1987

lived at middlewood road for 13 years november 1987- march 2000

moved to oughtibridge for 3 years march 2000- july 2003

moved to wadsley park village july 2003 been living here ever since

Lived here for over 30 years. Originally a Cestrian.

Sheffielder born and bred! Born in Nether Edge hospital, and lived in the Highfield area for 34 years.:)

I was born in the Nether Edge hospital, (whispers) forty years ago.

i was brought up on Gleadless Valley (on't' valley) and moved to Highfields/ Sharrow aged 10, and, when the old housing was cleared, five or six years later, I moved with my parents to Arbourthorne.

I left home at age eighteen, and became the "family gypsy", as my dad has christened me.

I have lived all over the city, I have moved, over the last twenty-odd on average every eighteen months. however I am settled where I am, now, and my intention is to stay here until I am carried out, feet first, in a box!

I lived for a short time in Northamptonshire, and for an even shorter time in Nottingham, and could not wait to come back to Sheffield. I missed Sheffield so much.

I love sheffield and do not want to live anywhere else.

it is a lovely,friendly place, (there are not many places safer!) We have the two prstigious and popular universities withing our city... it's a nice, green city, with all its parkland; we have the splendour of the peak district on our doorstep; what more could we ask?

PT

I've lived all over - born in Scotland and lived in Cumbernauld till I was 10, then lived in Slough, then Newcastle before coming to Sheffield University. Fell in love with the place, and decided to stay. First place I'd actually *chosen* to live.