Claim To Derbyshire Mansions

Researching my family history, I have many letters about my family`s claim to Ogston Hall and Carnfield Hall in Derbyshire, both homes of the Revell family. My grandfather William Evans Jenkin and his cousin John Revell Jenkin wrote to each other at length, and even got as far as preparing to go to court. Another branch of the family also went to court in 1876, this was Henry Brown who lived in Broomspring Lane.

Are there any Browns Jenkins or anyone else who has any further information on this?

Are they the same family that owned Revell Grange at Stannington?

I believe there is a connection from way back in the 16th century but not certain. I visited Revell Grange a few years ago when it was for sale.

My ancestors were obsessed with the claim I mentioned but in truth there was never any prospect of success. The estates passed out of Revell hands through female marriages when there was no male heir. I am hoping descendents of some of the families mentioned, Brown Jenkin or any one else may have more information