Fostering/foster carers

my 2 children has both fled the nest and i am now thinking about fostering, as i have time on my hands and i am sure i could provide the care they need, and i have a lovely bedroom ready and waithing.

has anyone else fostered, if so what prosess did you have to go through and how long did it take. i would appreciate any info.

thanks for reading this.

suzan

we have just been approved as foster parents through Derbyshire easy assessment but a bit intrusive. Just waiting for a new born to arrive. We have 4 kids alll at home .Good luck

we have just been approved as foster parents through Derbyshire easy assessment but a bit intrusive. Just waiting for a new born to arrive. We have 4 kids alll at home .Good luck

well done. how long did it take for the assessment to be done, and do you have any advice you can give me?

Hi whole process about 8 months be truthfulland make sure you have a huge support network, we were matched at first to teenagers but I felt that was too difficultfor our family. good luck loadsof kids are desperate for a stable loving home x

there is just me and my partner at home with our labrador max who is almost 2 years old. i have a daughter 26 and she has 2 little girls, my son is 17 and lives with his father now. we have just started our own business and i know we could make any child happy for either a short visit or longer. we often go on day trips to the coast and as we live close to the country side we get plenty of fresh air. i have plenty of love to give and i want to help the kids that need it. 8 months seem a very long time to wait though.

Sounds perfect make some enquries, Go for it:)

ive now took the first step. i have had a chat on the phone and i now have to wait for a social worker to call with a date to come and visit us :) i am hoping that i will be successful as i have been on anti depresssion tablets about 3 years but that was because i was in a bad relationship, which i got out of. now my life is as it should be, lots of love and laughter in it.

Just be completely honest from beginning they ask lots of questions about your health they may talk to your ex s aswell, Fantastic well done you ;)

Good luck! :D Think it is great that people out there want to foster! There are so many kids who have not got homes or decent homes at that! hope all goes well! :D x

Good luck! :D Think it is great that people out there want to foster! There are so many kids who have not got homes or decent homes at that! hope all goes well! :D x

thankyou, its going to take a long time but im going to see it through to the end until im told ive been either accepted or not. i really want to help kids thats not had a good life, i want them to have a happy life and im sure i can do that.

New baby arrived here, So far fostering is hard work but very rewarding. Very sad situations Give your kids a special cuddle today

New baby arrived here, So far fostering is hard work but very rewarding. Very sad situations Give your kids a special cuddle today

awww is it a girl or boy, and whats its name. i bet you are well pleased. if and when i start it i couldnt have a baby, i dont think i have the patience anymore. we have that meeting a week on thursday, and im looking forward to it. i hope you are all well, anyway well done and please keep in touch. x