DQ, whats it like??

Yeah, I understand- just my student head! I just hate paying another fiver to get in, then a pound for cloak room for couple of hours; I do fully understand your points though. Cheers anyway.

[quote=Matt DQ;28447

When I first started at DQ there was an indian restaurant upstairs and downstairs was pretty chavy. It was losing a lot of money and has taken nearly two years to get us back to a point where we're nearly in the black, I've waived two pay rises in order to fund refitting upstairs and changing the downstairs lighting system. I can hand on heart say that nothing we do is done for profit. We do it cos we love it and we love Sheffield :)

Thanks for the support :thumbsup:

What?? Has the Indian restaurant gone now? Shows how out of touch with DQ I am haha. I think the last time I went was the 05/06 new years eve - that was a great night! Good music (by that I mean dance and chart music - stuff you can get up and dance to!!) and I managed to stay happily tipsy all night without spending too much money. That was my best new year in quite a while!

Question for Matt - will you be doing the same kinda new years night this year? One without a huge event and a huge price tag but just where you can have a laugh and a dance without having to take out a loan!

New Years Eve tickets are going out to very regular customers/close friends only, due to an event that is too good to advertise publicly :)

The main problem we have is that as a small independent club it's v difficult to get DJs to play here full stop, nevermind for a fee that will allow us to generate a profit.
Are you referring to 'name' dj's or dj's in general?

I mean djs that will pull in a crowd. We try not to book textbook acts and hopefully this year has reflected that... I'd also like to think though that we have some of the best resident djs in the city (UG DJs, Kickflip, Andy Nicholson, Funk Junkies etc)

I mean djs that will pull in a crowd. We try not to book textbook acts and hopefully this year has reflected that... I'd also like to think though that we have some of the best resident djs in the city (UG DJs, Kickflip, Andy Nicholson, Funk Junkies etc)
So 'name' DJ's then. If you meant local peeps of whom there are many many people that will cost next to nothing.

Can i make a recommendation for a DJ to bring to sheffield?

Wes - Seb Fontaines protege and possibly the best young DJ i've heard for a very long time. Hes a decent dude and won't break the bank either

If you want an ecclectic mix of music that tends to be enjoyed by the indie/alternative crowd then Threads (the club night of a Sat'day at DQ) will be right up your street!!!!

For me it's the only club of choice on a Sat'day! I'm not sure of the official close time but I'm guessing it's something like 3/4/5am plus (I've never lasted that long)

I think it's a fiver in, see the Threads website for more details. (DQ's site is undergoing a revamp). I can't post a link cos I don't have enough posts on the forum - but its: threadsproductions-dot-com

They serve the spirits in doubles - and they don't cost an arm and a leg!

Hope that helps!

dq is a great club nice staff.its a good night out .thumbs up.